NOTE: Only Qualified and local Candidates Apply. This is not a remote position.
At Gift of Life, we believe every person battling blood cancer deserves a second chance at life — and we are determined to make it happen. We are singularly passionate about engaging the public to help us get everyone involved in curing blood cancer, whether as a donor, a volunteer, or a financial supporter. It all begins with one remarkable person, one life-changing swab, and one huge win — finding a match and a cure.
The Gift of Life Marrow Registry cures blood cancer through cellular therapy.
The Social Media Specialist will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the social media function within the Communications department. Leads manage and publish social content as well as the ability to measure its effectiveness, report out regularly to content producers, and aid in the creation of the Gift of Life Marrow Registry’s social strategy.
An innovative thinker with 5-7 years of Social Media experience. Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations
- Increase awareness of the brand to targeted audiences and develop our voice on social media platforms
- Review new technologies and keep the organization at the forefront of developments in social media
- Cultivating new and existing communities and managing branded online communities on the company’s behalf using Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media platforms
- Publish daily Tweets, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+ posts via publishing platform and others
- Develop social media strategy to acquire new donors, increase partnerships and create awareness for the DBC website, and cause
- Develop innovative media content across the web, mobile, and email platforms
- Maintain and grow the internal labeling process of all content to monitor the effectiveness of various content types and marketing messages
- Evaluate targeted audience research, environment activity/conditions, and competitor data
- Gather and report weekly metrics providing an overview of the performance of each social platforms, marketing/communication messages, and ROI
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of strategic social media and digital initiatives, including developing and managing viral marketing campaigns, creating and supervising high-profile channel accounts, and integrating interactive media into the overall business strategy
- Manage internal compliance and approval process of all social content
- Allocating budget according to objectives and using market intelligence to build plans and translating/evaluating social media activity into performance metrics
- Develop content for posting on all designated social media outlets, monitoring online competitor presence/perceptions, researching new blogs and channels for relevance/trend identification, reporting “chatter” and other relevant online data, maintaining posting schedules
- Some travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- An innovative thinker with 5-7 years of Social Media experience
- Must possess a solid understanding of the social media universe including, but not limited to: YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, Flickr, StumbleUpon, Delicious, forums, wikis, and blogs to name a few
- Must possess previous experience in the development and implementation of media planning and strategies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including proofreading
- Demonstrated ability and leadership in synthesizing high-level strategy, issuing campaigns and newly emerging technology into a compelling narrative for different audiences
- Record of success in managing and growing effective cause marketing partnerships, media partnerships, events, and communications/thought leadership platforms and in successfully positioning subject matter with the media to achieve high-impact placements
- Comprehensive branding knowledge and success ineffective use of traditional and new media and understanding of capabilities and best practices
- Superior management skills in mentoring high-performing teams that produce timely, cost-effective, high-quality results
- Superior and persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict solution
- Energetic, flexible, and positive attitude and a passion for our mission
This position is basically sedentary with some walking, standing, stooping, and lifting required. May lift objects weighing from 0 to 20 lbs. with occasional lifting of objects over 20 lbs. Travel is also required.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Duties and/or responsibilities may be added or deleted as management requires to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.