Cancer strikes more than 10 million people worldwide each year. The ASCO Association d/b/a Association for Clinical Oncology (the “Association”) is a 501(c)(6) professional membership association representing a diverse network of nearly 45,000 oncology professionals. The Association, along with its affiliates the American Society of Clinical Oncology (the “Society”), Conquer Cancer Foundation of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, CancerLinQ LLC, and QOPI Certification Program, LLC, (collectively, “ASCO”) are committed to conquering cancer through research, education, and promotion of the highest quality patient care.
Who we are:
ASCO is a stable, forward-thinking, growing family of organizations that operate in a results-focused work environment in which employees’ evaluation emphasizes performance outcomes. This is an Alexandria, Virginia-based position that offers an excellent benefits package, subsidized parking or Metro benefits, and opportunities to participate in professional development programs. To learn more about the Association, please visit www.asco.org/jobs.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a team-oriented Membership Acquisition Administrator, to implement Membership Recruitment campaigns. The selected candidate will review and approve membership applications, deploy a comprehensive new member onboarding strategy, and support ASCO’s exhibits program in support of, and for, the Society’s Strategic Plan and the division’s goals.
What you will do:
- Work with Director, Engagement and Marketing Strategist, MarCom to implement Recruitment Strategic plan
- Draft marketing materials for various recruitment campaigns for membership mailings, e-mails, and calling programs, website, digital, and printed promotional materials, and list selections for promotions
- Lead the new membership application processing as well as follow up communication for incomplete application
- Assist with the analysis and audits of digital promotions to ensure value-based messaging and design are effective
- Coordinate recruitment initiatives that support the overall growth of members.
- Coordinate and deploy member communication in support of the member onboarding program.
- Perform data integrity tasks including updating membership information, processing and reporting undeliverable correspondence, and assisting on general data and demographic clean up in CRM
- Generate and analyze results and statistics of e-mail campaigns, including monthly member communications, member exit surveys, and onboarding communications
- Serve as part of the membership booth team at the Annual Meeting including planning, logistics, and exhibiting
- Serve as part of the Exhibits Working Group team that travels to recruit members as well as contribute to the team’s effectiveness.
- Travel for Annual Meeting and Member Exhibits as requested and contribute to onsite member recruitment initiatives
- Assist with department duties and new staff training
- Other duties as assigned
What you will need in order to be successful:
- 3-5 years of membership experience and/or experience in association membership services, including membership recruitment, marketing, database, and reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with a CRM/Association Management Systems (AMS)
- Experience with advanced database queries
- Proficiency working with Microsoft products and a willingness to adapt to new technology
Ideal candidates will also contribute:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics 365
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and to complete a high volume of work and meet deadlines with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies
- Ability to foster and build relationships within all levels of the organization.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Superb analytical skills and ability to think things through, anticipate solutions and next steps
ASCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)