2000 M Street Northwest
District of Columbia
Women for Women International (WfWI) is seeking a Director of Management Reporting, Planning and Analysis. This position is responsible for overseeing corporate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting and analyzing WfWI’s financial performance for both internal and external stakeholders, so WfWI can better achieve its organizational objectives and outcomes. The position also analyzes, develops and maintains current and future financial planning and corporate reporting systems, including development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will have at least 10 years of experience to include 5 years leading a financial planning and analysis team. Prior International nonprofit and grants management experience is required, and this post requires up to 10% travel to our offices in Afghanistan, Iraq, Rwanda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
This position reports to the Chief Administrative Officer and leads, develops and manages a team of financial analysts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Budgeting & Cash Management
- Work with institutional leaders on short, medium and long-term budgeting and projections; multi-year revenue, expense, and cash forecasting; financial performance management and strategic decision making.
- Manage the annual budgeting process by modeling and analyzing proposed goals across the organizational and at the department level and coordinating calendar, instructions, synthesis, review and communications.
- Prepare an organization-wide Consolidated Budget for the Board of Directors.
- Lead and coordinate periodic budget revisions and projections, including allocation of funds.
- Respond to questions and provide guidance on budget development.
- Provide business requirements for budget templates and work with other Finance staff to improve budget templates on an annual basis.
- Work with revenue channel owners to produce, consolidate and update annual projections.
- Work with relevant stakeholders (senior leadership, accounting, fundraising leads, budget owners, etc.) to facilitate that the institution meets targeted cash ending balances and ongoing monthly cash needs.
Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Develop and produce a monthly management reporting package which provides appropriate information to all staff, Country Offices, management and the board of directors. To include:
- Actuals vs budgets vs projects
- Revenue and Expense Analysis
- Cash Forecasts
- Provide information and support to GPU, UK and Country Offices to produce required grant reporting
- Develop and maintain an infrastructure (budgeting and reporting system in conjunction with sound policies and procedures) that facilitates rapid reporting and analysis of key financial performance, metrics and-or data.
- Lead a robust monthly analysis process that engages budget holders and expands the organization’s understanding of financial results.
- Work with accounting on actual to budget reconciliations and monthly close process, especially grants data.
- Create and/or analyze assigned and/or specific financial issues during the year, including ad-hoc analysis, modeling and forecasting.
- Perform special projects as assigned.
Communication & Teamwork
- Build and maintain key relationships with leadership, fundraising teams, Program Offices, and other relevant stakeholder as it pertains to the financial planning and monitoring processes.
- Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of information, protecting the assets of the organization, acting with ethics and integrity, reporting non-compliance, and adhering to applicable laws, regulations, requirements and WfWI's policies and procedures.
- Direct, develop, mentor and coach the reporting and analysis team.
- Accepts constructive feedback
- Positive attitude
- Work ethic
- Initiative and proactive problem solving
- Commitment and respect for Women for Women International’s mission and values
- Discretion with sensitive materials
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business administration, Finance or Accounting; MBA highly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in relevant field to include 5 years of experience as Manager or Director of Financial Planning and Analysis or 6 years of experience with increasing responsibility and strategic oversight in a financial planning and analysis role
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency to create financial reports using advanced Excel required.
- International non-profit and grants management experience required
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- Knowledge of Intacct software preferred. Demonstrated ability to conduct complex analysis of financial data; ability to forecast and assess financial impact of proposed plans and projects; proactive leadership to identify gaps and recommend solutions
- Familiarity and experience with the operations, business needs, trends, and planning requirements of the non-profit sector and/or philanthropy
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively with people individually and groups; ability to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues; experience establishing and maintaining effective relationships with functional leaders by understanding their department, its role in the organization and its internal and external links
- Experience leading, managing and participating on teams with shared responsibility for outcomes and decision-making
- Demonstrated success in positively affecting dynamics of an organization as a result of leadership, strategic thinking, analytical and negotiating skills
- Ability to travel to international offices
- Demonstrated commitment to mission-related causes
- Positive attitude (must not be a pathology/problems-oriented person, but someone who focuses on solutions and how to achieve them)
- Calm and focused; ability to multitask at multiple levels of engagement and remain gracious throughout
- Flexible and creative, able to work in a fast-paced, evolving environment
- Nurturing; willing to invest in the development of colleagues and of the organization
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so please apply at your earliest convenience through this portal: https://womenforwomen.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=43
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.