2055 El Cajon Blvd
The Epilepsy Foundation of San Diego County (EFSDC)
TRANSFORM AND SAVE LIVES
TEAM WORK - GREAT ENVIRONMENT - PURPOSE - FUN
Job Description: Event/Program Coordinator
The Event and Program Coordinator will report to the Executive Director, and will support the implementation of all fundraising, educational events and marketing efforts of communications/media functions to raise awareness, attract new participants and new donors, maintain existing donors and increase donor contributions, involvement, and participation. - LEAD, plan, budget, manage and evaluate.
Includes: major fundraising events, program and family events. Development and volunteers coordination (marketing focus)
Position reports directly to the Executive Director.
- Planning and coordinating the Gingerbread City Gala (including logistics, chefs, artists, volunteers, silent auction, sponsor support and supporting other areas of the even)t; Planning and coordinating Sharon’s Ride, Run, & Walk including the teams.
- Marketing client programming through the promotion of special events for families, clients, professionals and the public.
- Communications via social media and web site.
- Conducting outreach to Neurology offices on a regular basis to ensure that patients are receiving information about the Foundation.
- Identifying opportunities and establishing new relationships with corporate and community groups and individuals that will generate monetary and non-monetary (in-kind) support for the Foundation;
- Development database management and reporting
- Assist volunteer coordination
- Identify and secure grant opportunities
- Performing other projects assigned by the Assistant or Executive Director.
- Bachelors degree including one year of events/sales experience or equivalent experience;
- Detail oriented and organized;
- Demonstrated ability to represent the Foundation in a professional and ethical manner;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to communicate the Foundation’s purpose and mission;
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Knowledge of San Diego area businesses and philanthropic communities
- Ability to train, manage, guide, and motivate volunteers to achieve objectives
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively handle multiple projects on various timelines in an extremely fast-paced environment;
- Strong computer skills in MS Office, experience with Adobe software a plus;
Demonstrated willingness to work in varying conditions that may include weekends and/or evening events.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required