2225 Congress Street
About College Track
College Track is a national college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From the summer before 9th grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the barriers that prevent students from earning their college degree by providing them with comprehensive academic support, leadership training, financial and college advising, and scholarships. We teach them the skills necessary to succeed in college and beyond. In four years, a College Track student receives support equivalent to one extra year of high school.
College Track started in 1997 with a cohort of 25 students in East Palo Alto. Today, we serve over 2,800 high school and college students in East Palo Alto, Oakland, San Francisco, New Orleans, Colorado, Los Angeles and Sacramento. By 2020, we will double the number of students we serve and produce nearly 1,000 college graduates. Last year, 96% of our high school seniors were accepted to four-year colleges and our college graduation rate is 2.5 times the national average for low-income students.
From the summer before ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes barriers that prevent students from earning their college degree by providing them with comprehensive academic support, leadership training, financial and college advising, and scholarships. We teach them the skills necessary to succeed in college and beyond.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
The College Completion Manager provides targeted supports to students in the 9th through 12th grade, ensuring that students are prepared to apply to and ultimately matriculate to a four-year college. This role is responsible for ensuring a 98% college matriculation rate, with 90% matriculating directly to a four-year college.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Program Design & Implementation: Design and implement learning experiences in 9th and 10th grade that achieve expected outcomes for students, including the creation of a scholar profile and clear understanding of our best fit approach. Lead high quality 11th grade advisories that result in students meeting expected outcomes.
- College Exposure: Lead high school student college exposure activities that are aligned to College Completion strategy, including college tours, college representative visits and summer programs
- College Application & Matriculation: Support 12th grade advisory and senior application process as requested by CCD to ensure FAFSA completion, scholarship attainment, application completion, and college matriculation.
- New Projects: Projects as assigned by the College Completion Director or Site Director.
Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience working directly to support students to excel academically
- Holds the highest expectations for students. Demonstrated success in motivating, influencing and managing students
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective at relationship building with students, families, and partners (e.g. college reps, school counselors, etc.)
- Strong classroom or group facilitation skills
- Demonstrates success in designing curriculum and project planning through backwards mapping
- Reliably prioritizes the highest impact work amongst competing demands, delegates effectively, holds self accountable and produces quality work consistently
- Focuses on delivering outcomes despite obstacles, seeks out challenges as opportunities to grow, takes unexpected setbacks in stride, and is able to galvanize self towards goals and impact
- Minimum 4-year college degree
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter via the application link.