Economic Mobility Pathways (EMPath) transforms lives by helping people move out of poverty and provides other organizations with the tools to do the same. As a leading nonprofit innovator that combines program delivery, independent research, and public advocacy, we offer a wide range of rewarding career opportunities. EMPath is committed to recruiting, hiring, and sustaining a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, gender expression, sexuality, age, disability or veteran status, are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an EEO/AA/ADA/ADEA employer based in Boston, Massachusetts.
- POSITION TITLE:Evening Coordinator of Residential Services, Sunday – Thursday – 3pm – 11pm (Schedule flexibility available)
- SUPERVISOR: Director of Residential and Program Mentoring Services
III. GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Coordinator of Residential Services will utilize EMPath’s Mobility Mentoring model to support participants’ goals related to securing permanent housing, employment, education, financial security, family stability and individual well-being.
The Coordinator of Residential Services is responsible for the day to day operations of Hastings House’s residential services including program development, program oversight, staff supervision and management, oversight and implementation of Mobility Mentoring residential services, and administrative responsibilities. This position upholds all contractual Department of Housing and Community Development and EMPAth policies and procedures and is responsible for the housing staff to deliver high quality re-housing and Mobility Mentoring services using a trauma sensitive, child centered orientation.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates all aspects of the residential program to ensure a safe, respectful, and culturally sensitive environment for families.
- Ensures program compliance with regulatory standards including but not limited to documentation, record-keeping and safety standards.
- Develops and implements program policies and procedures for effective and efficient execution of services.
- Provides supervision to Program Supervisors, day time Housing Mentors and other assigned Housing Mentors using reflective supervision and coaching, by supporting professional development goals and conducting performance evaluations.
- Assists staff with decision making and problem-solving in regards to participant issues and provide direct support, intervention, de-escalation and mediation as necessary.
- Develops staff scheduling assignments and oversight for bi-weekly payroll for all residential staff.
- Partners with other managers to identify staff training needs and to develop and implement effective staff orientation, on-boarding and training to ensure delivery of high quality residential services.
- Collaborates with other managers and departments to provide Mobility Mentoring services within Hastings House.
- Coordinates with other departments including but not limited to Facilities and Food Services to ensure the smooth operations of residential services.
- Supports evening programming including facilitating community meetings.
- Manage and provide oversight of the Hastings House rewards program.
- Provides on-call support to staff with back-up coverage if necessary on designated nights and weekends on rotation with other residential managers.
- Works a flexible schedule as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience working with a diverse population of women and children.
- Knowledge of issues related to domestic violence, mental health and substance abuse.
- Knowledge of child development and parenting support.
- Experience with de-escalation, crisis management, mediation and safety planning.
- Experience working in a coaching environment
- Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
- Bi-lingual skills preferred but not required.
- BA in Psychology, Sociology, Social Work or other related field required, MA preferred.
- Two or more years supervisory experience.
- One or more years experience working in a residential facility.
VII. PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Requires walking, sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Work is performed in a homeless shelter setting. Work may be stressful at times. Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. Ability to communicate effectively with staff and participants and recruits and hires housing staff including Housing Mentors and supervisors.