Homes for the Homeless (HFH) is expanding rapidly to continue its mission of providing homeless families with opportunities and support to transition into permanent housing. HFH helps create lasting solutions for families experiencing homelessness through self-sufficiency planning, goal setting, and achievement. We invite you to visit our website, www.hfhnyc.org, to learn more about our facilities and programs.
We are seeking an Intake Specialist for the Prospect Family Support Center which provides emergency childcare for families experiencing trauma or sudden hardship. Our ideal candidate is committed to the community, and sensitive to and knowledgeable about issues relating to domestic violence, substance abuse, trauma and poverty. Prospect Family Support Center offers temporary care for children newborn to six years old in the event of a crisis or emergency and is located in the Longwood/Hunts Point sections of the Bronx.
· Schedule and complete client intakes and family assessments.
· Provide support guidance and appropriate client advocacy for access to services.
· Create and monitor family goal plans in conjunction with director.
· Complete tracking and reports related to client demographics, service usage, referrals and recidivism.
· Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with community agencies, and maintain an up-to-date resource manual.
· Engage in outreach and assist with peer support groups and workshops.
· Assist with peer support groups and workshops.
· A minimum of two years working in childcare/child development with a demonstrated record of increasing levels of responsibility.
· A minimum of a 4-year college degree in a field of study germane to the work (e.g. Child Development, Social Work, Early Childhood Education, or Education)
· Fluency in Spanish
Salary is commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including comprehensive health insurance, employer funded retirement benefits, life insurance, and ample vacation, holiday, personal and sick leave.
Click link to apply: http://bit.ly/HFHJobs
HFH has a strong EEO commitment and encourages applicants that will increase the diversity of our organization. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
Minimum Education Required