The Marketing and Communications Manager works to market and advertise the International OCD Foundation and its programs, events, and resources to the larger community, to ensure all those who are affected by OCD and related disorders are aware of and have access to the resources provided by the IOCDF. They will design and implement a comprehensive communications strategy and oversee the organization's communications calendar. This role reports to the Director of Media and Technology.
The Marketing and Communications Manager should have a minimum of 5 years of marketing and communications experience, preferably within a healthcare or mental health field or at a nonprofit organization. The ability to identify target audiences and develop marketing strategies to increase the IOCDF’s visibility across a variety of communities is critical.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field preferred.
- Experience in nonprofit, health care, or mental health fields strongly preferred.
- Detail-oriented, strong sensitivity to deadlines, multitasking ability, strong organizational and problem-solving skills are a must.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Highly collaborative working style, with the ability to work within a team-based dynamic.
- Experience with developing and managing email marketing campaigns (Pardot by Salesforce experience is a plus).
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, Google Search, Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner and Google Ad.
- Experience developing and implementing marketing strategies with intimate understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels.
- Experience creating, implementing, and optimizing digital marketing initiatives.
- Experience in content management, creation, and storytelling.
- Experience in SEO on-page and off-page efforts and SEM efforts (experience with Yoast a plus).
- Experience with event marketing.
- Expert in marketing data, analytics, tracking, KPIs, benchmarks, and reporting.
- Experience in public relations and serving as the point person for media inquiries and seeking out new media opportunities to market the IOCDF.
- Experience with Facebook Business and Ad Manager.
- Experience with Wordpress is a plus.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and Canva is a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus.
- Oversees the coordination and management of general email marketing for all outward facing communications from IOCDF to its constituents.
- Creates marketing plans and strategies for events, programs, and various initiatives by conducting market research, assessing the Foundation’s strengths and weaknesses, and creating short and long term marketing goals.
- Maintain the organizational communications calendar and strengthen general communications systems. Set quantitative and qualitative metrics and analyze results to evaluate the effectiveness of communications strategies and ensure quality standards that are aligned with and in support of the IOCDF’s goals.
- Work with members of the Communications and Programs Departments to develop marketing collateral and guides to effectively showcase the IOCDF as a whole, along with specific programs, events, and resources.
- Identify target audiences and develop marketing tactics to increase the IOCDF’s brand visibility among the general public and to the diverse communities our programs serve.
- Manage both on-page and off-page SEO and improve organic search engine performance and goal-setting based on clickthrough rates, traffic, and conversions.
- Spearhead the content marketing efforts/strategy and collaborate with content marketers, blog contributors, and influencers to create high-quality content around important, relevant terms.
- Develop and execute digital marketing strategies, including paid posts and social media ads.
- Manage advertising efforts, including Google Ad and other third-party vendors.
- Manage all media inquiries — serve as the point person on media interactions that help promote and/or impact the organization and exercise judgment to prioritize media opportunities and prepare press releases and other supporting material as needed.
- Oversee the IOCDF’s presence at external conferences, including researching and identifying new exhibiting and advertising opportunities to pursue based on current IOCDF initiatives to be marketed and audiences to be targeted.
- Oversee management of Social Media Specialist and Content Marketing Specialist.
The International OCD Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
When applying, please include a cover letter and your resume.