Administrative Assistant Job Description
Reports to: Grants Manager
Status: Part-time hourly position; up to 20 hrs/week
Based in: Remote
Salary: TBD (Competitive local rate). Competitive benefits package.
Start Date: ASAP
One Heart Worldwide (OHW) is a 501(c)(3) registered non-profit organization currently based in California. We have over 20 years of experience implementing maternal and neonatal health programs in some of the most remote areas of the world.
Our mission is to end all preventable deaths related to pregnancy and childbirth worldwide. Our vision is to improve access to, and utilization of quality healthcare services to reduce the risk of maternal and neonatal mortality in remote rural areas where mothers and their newborns are most vulnerable.
Our theory of change is based on direct partnership with local authorities and communities to create a continuum of care that will increase access to safe delivery options and encourage the adoption of healthy, culturally appropriate behaviors. What we strive for is lofty, incredibly difficult, and yet very simple: we believe all women and newborns should receive the quality healthcare services they deserve during pregnancy and childbirth, anytime and anyplace.
Because of the ongoing COVID pandemic, we are looking for a part-time Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to our CEO and our Grants Manager, ensuring that our currently virtual office runs efficiently. The ideal candidate will be an organized analytical person with exceptional communication and problem solving skills.
- Virtual office management: Ensure that the OHW office is properly organized and able to run smoothly virtually (using Dropbox, Adobe, Google suite, Silent Auction Pro, Salesforce, and any other software used for office management). Maintain subscriptions and licenses for key organization accounts like Adobe, Salesforce, Dropbox, Zoom, and corporate giving platforms. Provide basic IT support as needed. Assist in any ad hoc tasks, either in-person or remote, to assure that we are 100% operationally efficient and effective as a virtual organization.
- Accounting support: Process donor checks, including appropriate coding, and send to the Grants Manager. Ensure that all US expenses are appropriately coded. Monitor One Heart’s email for incoming invoices and ensure these are coded and sent to the Accountant for payment. Prepare and submit outgoing invoices.
- Individual donor data entry and basic database maintenance: Enter donations from individual donors into Salesforce, our donor database management system, from donation platforms such as Classy, PayPal, and GlobalGiving. Send donation acknowledgement letters as needed. Update database to reflect information on new or lapsed donors.
- Board management support: Help the CEO organize board meetings (set meeting dates, gather all materials for board packets, send board packets on time). Provide support during board meetings (ensure that virtual options are available and functioning). Transcribe meeting minutes and send to the senior management team and board members for review. Work with the CEO to ensure yearly board donations are met.
- Regulatory compliance support: Support the CEO and US team to ensure regulatory compliance of the organization. Provide all required documents to the Finance Team (Accountant and CFO) for our yearly audit (in-kind donations, volunteer hours, board meeting minutes, invoices, policies, legal & insurance documents, etc.). Maintain non-profit registration in CA and UT and legal compliance of the organization at the federal, state and city/county levels.
- Other general administrative duties as assigned (travel arrangements, post office mailing, fundraising event support, online campaign support)
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Ability to manage office management systems fully remotely and digitally
- Prior administrative experience preferred, preferably in a remote setting
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and efficiently prioritize work
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of Salesforce preferred but not required