439 International Blvd
Location: Headquartered in OAKLAND, CA
Job Category: Full Time, non-exempt Employee
Reports To: Chief Innovation Officer
Compensation range: $50-55k
At Hack the Hood we are providing real-world, hands-on learning opportunities and mentorship to under-resourced youth of color. We facilitate the learning and relationship-building required to chart a course towards 21st century careers in online technology and social media. We engage our participants in the context of their own community to build capital for themselves as well as for the local economy. Our 6-9 week boot camps and year-round membership programs train participants in basic computer skills, web marketing and promotion, search engine optimization (SEO), and website development, which they then use to build mobile-responsive web sites and listings for real small business clients from their own communities.
We are seeking a Small Business Manager who will evolve and strengthen our SMB (Small and Medium Business) program. As Small Business Manager, you will recruit, serve and manage our SMB’s and ancillary relationships. As key Hack the Hood contact with our small businesses, you will guide our small businesses through the application, onboarding, support, and evaluation processes. As caretaker for our small business clients, you will design and lead a community workshop process that will enable small businesses to be better equipped to manage their new online assets. As part of our bigger Vision, you will work closely with our programs team to ensure good matches, address compatibility issues, and strive towards stronger outcomes.
- Implement the Small Business Program, as its own department and as a part of Program Team. Includes SMB application, onboarding, supports & infrastructure, pre/post evaluation and data management.
- Work with Office and Database Manager to develop, organize and clean up SMB records
- Lead Program staff in developing policies and procedures related to SMB
- Create marketing, outreach & recruitment plan that includes creation of digital content, social media content, engaging partners via email, phone and in-person presentations. Work with Communications Manager to create SMB Outreach Materials and social media strategy.
- Collaborate with Programs Team to update or create curriculum to better meet the needs of SMB clients.
- Identify, vet and build relationships with potential/existing SMB partnership organizations to build sustainable pipeline
- Cultivate strong relationships with outside advisors, experts in the field, private and public sector partners and funders.
- Create workshops and trainings as needed
- Intimate knowledge of regional Small Business landscape
- Demonstrated success growing and maintaining a client base
- Experience finding common ground with divergent parties
- Experience fostering relationships and partnerships with community organizations and businesses
- Experience with public speaking and training/workshop facilitation.
- Excellent management skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to thrive and provide leadership in cross-cultural and cross-age contexts
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, Google Suite
- Alignment with Hack the Hood's mission and values
- Strong personal integrity, maturity, credibility
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Familiarity/or experience with Youth development frameworks
- Bilingual (Spanish, Vietnamese, or Mandarin/Cantonese)
- Knowledge of and experience with HTH programs
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of a committed team doing important, innovative work in Oakland. The position offers growth opportunities, great community engagement and tangible measurements of outcomes and impact.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: Small Business Manager Opportunity). Candidate consideration will begin the 9th of November 2018.