Communications and Social Media Specialist
- Job posted by North American Association for Environmental Education
Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
2000 P Street NW
The North American Association for Environmental Education (NAAEE) seeks an accomplished and creative Communications and Social Media Specialist to join the team at our Dupont Circle headquarters in Washington, DC. The Specialist provides wide-ranging communications, social media, technology, and development support to NAAEE’s programs and outreach efforts throughout North America and beyond.
I. Major Functions
The Communications and Social Media Specialist helps support NAAEE’s communication and marketing efforts, including print and online media, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube), our family of websites, and outreach to members and supporters. The Communications and Social Media Specialist will help ensure that all communications and fundraising efforts align with NAAEE’s strategic framework and the goals of ee360, a cooperative agreement with the US Environmental Protection Agency, as well as other programs. This individual works with colleagues in all program areas to advance eePRO, NAAEE’s online professional learning site, and assists NAAEE staff in developing its annual report, fundraising campaigns, special projects, creative new ideas, and general communications. If you’re an enthusiastic communications professional with a creative spark who loves the environment and education and wants to help create a more sustainable and equitable future, this is the job for you.
II. Minimum Skills and Experience Required
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (A degree in environmental education, communications, or conservation is a plus.)
- Experience: Must have at least 3 years of communications experience
III. The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent writing and communication skills, including project management, creative writing, editing, social media, and proofreading. Also must have an ability to work efficiently, with flexibility, creativity, initiative, positive energy, and good humor.
- Expertise in social media, and a background in environmental education, conservation, science, or related fields.
- Proficiency in all aspects of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), Google Docs, and social media scheduling tools such as Hootsuite.
- Ability to work independently as required but also working effectively as a team member.
- Have the skills to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Enthusiastically represent NAAEE to external partners, members, funders, and other stakeholders.
- Position requires an individual who is culturally competent and can work with individuals representing a diversity of backgrounds and perspectives. This position is designed for an individual who is a self-starter and is eager to learn and grow professionally.
- Experience with Drupal and other CMS platforms and membership platforms, such as CiviCRM, are a plus.
Please email résumé and cover letter to Mary Ocwieja, Technology Manager at MaryO@naaee.org. Salary commensurate with experience. Applications accepted until the position is filled, preference is given to qualified candidates who can start as soon as possible.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email résumé and cover letter to Mary Ocwieja, Technology Manager at MaryO@naaee.org. Applications accepted until the position is filled, preference is given to qualified candidates who can start as soon as possible.