Details: Commensurate with experience.
6100 S. Cottage Grove
Founded in Chicago in 2005, MetroSquash is an after-school, weekend, and summer program that provides transformative, life changing opportunities for underserved youth. In 2015 MetroSquash Woodlawn opened a 21,000 sq./ft. facility with 8 squash courts and classroom space that serves over 400 students and their families each year. This fall, after 13 years of successful programming for public school students on Chicago’s south side, MetroSquash will expand to serve students in Evanston.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of College & Careers, the College & Careers Coordinator is responsible for planning and organizing activities to prepare high school students for college and career success, while ensuring a smooth transition to their best fit postsecondary institution. The College & Careers Coordinator works closely with (2) High School Coordinators and (1) Americorps College Access Specialist to provide high-quality programming for students 9th grade, up to Year 2 of college.
- Plan and lead college access and success programming including workshops, college tours, visits from college representatives, and other similar efforts to prepare high school students for postsecondary success. Support high school 11th and 12th grade students with identifying their best fit postsecondary pursuit through college and career advising, exposure opportunities, and one-to-one meetings with students and their families.
- In collaboration with the High School Coordinator for 11th and 12th grade, assist 11th and 12th grade students with the college application process, FAFSA completion, and scholarship applications.
- Update the Manager of College & Careers on student college & career interests, status of college applications, and additional support needed to ensure 100% of students gain acceptance to their best-fit postsecondary institution.
- Provide individualized support of college students up to their 2nd year of college, monitoring their academic progress, visiting them on campus once/year, and helping to ensure that they have the resources needed to succeed.
- Collaborate with the MetroSquash Program Team consisting of Academics & Enrichment, Social Work & Supportive Services, and Squash & Fitness to share knowledge and stay abreast of programming outside of College & Career services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Qualities:
Candidates should possess the following qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, or related field; 2 years of experience supporting students with postsecondary planning; minimum 1 year of experience working in a college or university setting; experience working with traditionally underrepresented youth and their families; proven leadership skills; impeccable attention to detail & work ethic; self-motivation & the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Valid driver’s license and ability to drive a van required.
Hours: General hours are Monday through Friday 11am-7pm. The position entails weekend work – particularly on Saturdays during the school year, as well as travel to college campuses during the academic year.
Twenty days vacation the first year, 25 in the second year, and 30 in each subsequent year. Full health coverage, including dental.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls please.