Details: Depends on Experience
435 South Boyle Avenue
Under the supervision of the Immigration Legal Services Division Director, the Staff Attorney will provide immigration legal representation in a high-volume varied immigration legal practice, which includes family based petitions, motions, waivers, TPS, Asylum, NACARA, VAWA, U Visas, T Visas, Naturalization, Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, and other related services in a high volume setting. Responsibilities include representing immigrants for all available remedies in immigration court, and coordinating with other staff attorneys. The Staff Attorney may also supervise volunteer attorneys and paralegals, case managers, and clerical staff.
- Provide legal representation to qualified clients of the unit, unaccompanied minors and other disadvantaged groups.
- Represent immigrants in immigration court with asylum, cancellation, adjustment of status or any other applicable remedy.
- May represent minors in probate court, dependency court or family court to obtain predicate orders supporting SIJS.
- Under supervision of the Directing Attorney, may supervise receptionist or other clerical staff as assigned.
- Provide in-office consultation for clients including asylum, U-visa, T-visa, VAWA, SIJS, detention and removal relief and any other applicable relief.
- Prepare and file supporting documentation for court cases.
- Research and write motions and briefs related to court cases, including legal research and writing for asylum cases.
- Maintain client databases, case notes, and files for caseload as determined with the Division Director.
- Conduct community outreach to clients regarding available remedies under the Immigration Law.
- Keep accurate records and maintains confidentiality.
- Performs other duties assigned by the Division Director.
We offer an excellent benefit package, which includes 100% employer paid Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Basic Life Insurance and AD&D. We also offer a selection of benefits you may choose including Vision, Voluntary Life, Short-Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability. We have a generous PTO program, 10 Paid Holidays and a 401 (k) plan with Safe Harbor Match.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual Fluency in both English and Spanish.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
International Institute of Los Angeles (IILA) is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants are required to complete an IILA employment application. IILA will not accept resumes in lieu of an employment application.
Send resume and application to:
International Institute of Los Angeles
3845 Selig Place
Los Angeles, CA 90031