88 Broad Street, 8th floor
Communications Manager, Pathways to Prosperity
JFF is a national nonprofit that drives transformation in the American workforce and education systems. For 35 years, JFF has led the way in designing innovative and scalable solutions that create access to economic advancement for all. Join us as we build a future that works.
About Pathways to Prosperity
Pathways to Prosperity is an initiative of Jobs for the Future (JFF) and the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HGSE) that is reimagining how we prepare all young people for college and career success. We engage at the systems level to create pathways that seek to ensure that many more youth complete high school, attain postsecondary credentials with currency in the labor market, and launch careers while leaving open the prospect of further education.
We build the capacity of cross-sector stakeholders—including policymakers and state and regional leaders in secondary and postsecondary education, industry, and economic and workforce development—to develop high-quality college and career pathways. Through the Pathways to Prosperity Network, we collaborate with state and regional leaders to build pathways systems across the country.
The Pathways to Prosperity framework employs a set of core strategies: alignment of secondary and postsecondary education; career information and advising; work-based learning; education-industry partnerships; intermediary development; and effective leadership and enabling policies.
About the Position
The Communications Manager will lead the development and execution of strategic communications plans and initiatives for Pathways to Prosperity that build partner engagement, enhance the brand, and position JFF as a national thought leader. The role requires the ability to provide the Pathways to Prosperity team with strategic guidance on marketing and communications initiatives and deliverables.
In addition, the Communications Manager will lead digital platform alignment, including the management and curation of a community website for the Pathways to Prosperity Network.
Product development, including the production of field-focused deliverables, and support for the development of communications strategies and deliverables by partners in the field are also key responsibilities for this role.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for project management for all Pathways to Prosperity communications deliverables and for liaising between JFF’s Pathways to Prosperity and Communications teams. The Communications Manager will be a member of both teams
and will report to the Vice President, Communications. JFF’s Communications team is responsible for the organization’s communications, marketing, branding, publications, website management, graphic design, and event planning.
The principal duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Lead Pathways to Prosperity marketing and branding efforts and develop related products in collaboration with the Pathways to Prosperity team
- Develop and lead dissemination strategies and marketing campaigns for Pathways to Prosperity documents and products
- Coordinate the ongoing improvement and maintenance of the Pathways to Prosperity Network community website, including the development and implementation of strategies to drive traffic to the site and increase user engagement and the curation of website content to ensure it reflects current issues and activities and is responsive to Network members’ needs
- Track website analytics and use them to inform strategy
- Update and maintain Pathways to Prosperity-related information and materials on the public JFF website
- Contribute to reports, policy briefs, case studies, and other related documents and digital products
- Copyedit, proofread, and format materials such as reports, memos, and slides for public distribution by the Pathways to Prosperity team
- Provide project management for all Pathways to Prosperity communications deliverables, working with other members of the Communications team to ensure the timely production of high-quality deliverables
- Support planning and materials production for twice-annual Pathways to Prosperity Network convenings, including drafting and proofreading invitations, agendas, and other conference materials
- Collaborate with JFF colleagues to integrate Pathways to Prosperity in broader relevant JFF initiatives and offerings.
- Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree preferred, in related field such as communications, marketing, or web design
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public/media relations and communications in education or related fields; experience developing and executing communications plans preferred
- Strategic thinker who is prepared to provide guidance and recommendations to a growing team, building consensus in support of proposed communications and marketing strategies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and ability to convey complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Very strong project management skills, including ability to design a work plan and prioritize multiple projects
- Systems expertise in Microsoft 365/Office products (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook) and Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop, Audition, etc.)
- Familiarity with CRMs such as Salesforce, mass email systems such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud, media databases such as Cision, and website CMS
- Ability to take initiative, balance multiple priorities, and meet deadlines in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Ability to be function as a member of two complex, highly collaborative teams that call for creativity, flexibility, agility, attention to detail, and a sense of humor
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
Visit our careers page to apply with your resume, cover letter, and a relevant and recent writing sample. (Please don’t forget the cover letter and writing sample. We are excited to learn more about you!) Our team will review applicants, contact qualified candidates, and share more about the job.
This is an incredible time to join JFF, which celebrates 35 years this year and offers the best of an established and an entrepreneurial organization.
Want to know more about life as a JFFer? Some perks include:
· Tuition reimbursement & professional growth opportunities
· Retirement matching AND contribution
· Healthcare paid at 90%
· Pre-tax commuter passes
Thanks for your interest in JFF!
Jobs for the Future is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity in its workforce: diverse candidates, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. www.jff.org/jobs
Minimum Education Required