Providence House, Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing while offering quality evidence based services to women and children who find themselves homeless and/or involved with the criminal justice system. Providence House follows a trauma based practice model. Providence House was founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph over thirty years ago and continue to hold the values of non-violence, compassion, hospitality and community at its core. Providence House actively seeks to provide support, training and opportunities that foster growth and wellbeing for its staff as well as the women we serve.
The Residence Manager is responsible for the daily supervision of the residents and the overall operation of the residence. The Residence Manager will work collaboratively with the social services team, core community and the program director, to ensure residents meet their goals and that a safe and healing environment is maintained that is conducive to the health, safety and productive growth of the resident.
SUPERVSION: PROGRAM DIRECTOR
• Work as a part of a team to plan and develop resident programs and goals.
• Meet with pertinent staff to discuss matters of mutual concerns.
• Communicate with other Residence Managers on any follow ups required on house management issues at the end and beginning of each shift.
• Communicate with Social Services team, Core Community and Program Director on any follow ups required at the end of the shift.
• Interact daily with residents, encouraging and supporting their goals of independent living.
• Support residents’ positive behavior and address negative behavior with a trauma informed approach.
• Instruct residents regarding independent living skills around childcare and household management.
• Conduct rounds of all areas (common rooms, resident’s room) at the beginning and ending of each shift and every 2 hours during each shift; making sure residents are engaged in appropriate activities and the environment is safe; making correcting action as necessary ensuring a safe and healthy environment.
• Perform weekly room inspections: discuss findings with residents regarding cleanliness, proper use of furniture, etc. Report all needed repairs, supplies and storage issues to maintenance team and Program Director.
• Plan and implement appropriate activities for residents/children particularly on weekends and evenings, if needed.
• Log all room inspections in logbook.
• Welcome visitors, answer door and phone. Log in residents’ visitors.
• Distribute metro cards to residents as needed. Maintain petty cash and metro card logs.
• Effectively use and practice Sanctuary Models tools; safety plans, community meetings, psycho-educational groups, team meetings, red flags reviews, and self-care in the program to create a non-violent and trauma sensitive culture.
• Promote and model the core values of Providence House Mission (Compassion, Non-Violence, Hospitality, and Community) and the Seven Sanctuary Model Commitments to create a non-violent and trauma sensitive culture.
• Integrate the Sanctuary Model SELF (Safety, Emotional Management, Loss and Future) framework into daily practice to ensure quality care and an effective work environment.
• Clean and prepare bedrooms for new residents and preparation of laundry of all linen and towels, etc.
• Keep appliances, cabinets, and counter tops orderly and clean.
• Other cleaning as required, which may include mopping and sweeping floors, taking out trash and recycling, cleaning resident and staff bathrooms following universal precautions.
• Prepare dinner meals and create menus following the CACFP guidelines.
• Maintain and updates schedules: room/bed assignments, logbook, chores, cooking, and laundry assignments.
• Make sure closets and basement area are neat and clean
• Distribute household cleaning supplies and paper products as necessary
• Complete work order form for repairs and send to appropriate personnel immediately
• Make appropriate calls for emergency repairs and services
• Ensure building is in compliance and ready for inspections by Fire Department, and other inspection agencies.
• Notify appropriate personnel of all incidents, complete incident report forms immediately following incident, make necessary emergency phone calls, i.e., EMS, 911, Fire Department and Administration for Children’s Services
• Call Priority One incidents to Social Service team or Program Director.
• Keep accurate, up-to-date documentation on all clients. Including but not limited to, intake forms, daily logs, fire drills, CACFP documentation, room inspections, menus, census reports, daily child school logs, etc.
• Complete all paperwork in a timely and accurate manner.
• Assists with all data collection systems (Welligent data management).
• Perform other tasks as assigned by Program Director, as needed.
• Participates in individual supervisory session with the Program Director.
• Attends monthly team meeting with Program Director, Social Service team, and other Residence Managers.
• Attend service training and workshops or outside trainings and workshops, as required.
• High School Diploma/GED
• Experience in a social service, residential setting
• Experience working with women who are formerly incarcerated and/or experiencing homelessness, and children
• Skilled in Household Management
• Ability to motivate and instruct in life skills and activities of daily living
• Excellent oral and written communication skill,
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Computer Literate in Microsoft Programs
• Providence House residence is 24 hours. Positions are Full-Time, and Per Diem.
• Three Full-time shifts: 8-hour shifts/24 hours: 8am–4pm, 4pm–12am, 12am-8am.
• Per Diems: Shifts (Weekdays, Weekends, Holidays, etc.)
• Per Diems are used on an as needed basis and must have the flexibility to work different shifts.
• Residence Locations: Brooklyn, New York.
Providence House, Inc. is a value driven not-for-profit organization focused on assisting women in building community and transforming their lives. The agency is committed to promoting wholeness and healing…
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary range is $16.00 an Hour: Full Time Benefits: include 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 personal days, 12 sick days, medical, dental, vision, prescription coverage, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability benefits, a 403(B), pension benefits, commuter benefits and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Per Diem Benefits: as per NYC Paid Safe and Sick Leave law and Employee Assistance Program.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary range is $16.00 an Hour: Full Time Benefits: include 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks of vacation, 3 personal days, 12 sick days, medical, dental, vision, prescription…
Please send PDF's or Microsoft Word document of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Include "Residence Manager (Women's Justice Program and Full Time or Per Diem)" in the subject line. Providence House is dedicated to equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. Providence House encourages people of all races, colors, national origins, ancestries, creeds, religions, gender and gender identity, ages, disabilities, veteran status, sexual orientations and marital statuses to apply.
Please send PDF's or Microsoft Word document of your resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and where you heard about it to email@example.com…