Part-Time Multimedia & STEM Teaching Artist
RoboFun | Vision Education & Media provides exciting, hands-on after school programs using emerging technologies for PK-12th grade youth. We ignite kids’ passion to explore & solve problems as they learn to invent, build, code and troubleshoot. We believe learning should be fun!
RoboFun seeks part-time teachers with an interest in tech to guide our students as they grow into innovative critical thinkers. As a RoboFun teacher, you will support kids as they design, code, create & troubleshoot LEGO® robots, video games, web pages and stop motion animations. We encourage you to supplement our comprehensive project-based curriculum with creative activities of your own. You will lead small after school clubs of 12 students or fewer on adventures they will never forget! We also have opportunities to teach on weekends & during the academic day for our strongest instructors.
• Teach 2+ after school classes a week in Manhattan, Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, or Staten Island.
• Help students develop and code cool projects including robots and video games.
• Master our curriculum and technologies (LEGO® MindStorms, LEGO® WeDo, Scratch, SAM Animation) through paid trainings & independent study.
• Maintain regular communication with managers.
• Supplement our curriculum with your own creative ideas.
• BA or BS degree with a background in education is preferred . If you are currently pursuing your BA, or if you lack teaching experience, you may be asked to begin with us as a Teaching Assistant and reapply after a semester.
• Approximately two years of teaching experience either in a traditional school environment or within non-traditional teaching environments like coaching or camp counseling
• Ability to commit to teaching a minimum of 2 after school clubs a week for a full semester
• Proven mastery of classroom management techniques
• Proficiency with computer software, a love of tinkering & a desire to learn new tech
• Energy and enthusiasm about working with diverse groups of NYC students
• Our pay is $25/hour for undergraduate students. For mentor with degrees, compensation is commensurate with experience.
• If you are looking for an internship for college credit, we can work with you and your university to set this up.
• Our clubs are limited to 15 students or fewer, so you can foster real learning & success.
• You will receive paid training on how to teach emerging technologies.
• Our enthusiastic, knowledgeable managers are here to support you & help you succeed.
• We do our best to match you with age levels, locations and clubs that best suit you.
• You will become a part of a collaborative, fun-loving culture of creative master teachers.
• You will laugh & learn a lot while instilling a love of problem solving in your students.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should email a resume and cover letter indicating what days they are available to email@example.com with “Part-Time Teacher” in the subject of the email. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. RoboFun is an Equal Opportunity Employer.