247 West 37th Street
SUMMARY: Working in close collaboration with JASA’s Human Resources Manager, supervise and oversee Home Care Division’s Human Resources staff. Responsibilities include recruitment of unionized Home Care workers, processing Home Care workers’ new hire paperwork, and working with Home Care Division’s recruitment staff to conduct orientations. Serve as liaison to union regarding its health benefits and other matters. Staff member with primary responsibility for obtaining agency temps. for wide range of positions throughout JASA. Position is fast-paced and requires significant discretion and flexibility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Under direction of Human Resources Manager, provide day-to-day supervision of Home Care Division’s Human Resources team.
· Oversee preparation of New Hire Checklist for new Home Care Division employees.
· Ensure background checks and fingerprints are conducted.
· Oversee and assemble new employee information packets, ensuring that all information and documents required by law and/or JASA policy are included.
· Organize and present at new hire orientations for Home Care staff.
· Process new hires utilizing HRIS systems (e.g. Sandata, PayPro, etc.).
· Supervise the maintenance of the HRIS software systems by running regular reports and quarterly audits.
· Ensure that union-provided benefits materials are processed properly and in a timely fashion.
· Oversee “best practices” for recruiting Home Care workers, including attending community events, advertising, participating at government and college job fairs, taking personal referrals, etc.
· Use outside temp. agencies to engage temporary workers throughout JASA. This involves significant interaction with JASA’s managers, the Finance Department’s A/P unit, and outside vendors. Temp. positions include supervisors, office services, social workers, financial support, kitchen help, drivers, etc.
· Oversee processing of Home Care Division’s Unemployment claims; represent JASA at hearings as needed.
· Provide support to Home Care Division’s benefits team, primarily with Workers Compensation and NY State Disability.
· Oversee department’s clerical support staff.
· Assist in disciplinary situations.
· Serve as primary backup for Human Resources Manager.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
· One to two years’ experience as supervisor in an office environment.
· One to three years’ Human Resources generalist experience, including recruitment.
· Solid managerial and supervisory skills.
· Previous experience in union environment preferred.
· Effective, persuasive English communication skills (oral and written).
· Excellent Interpersonal skills.
· Must maintain confidentially at all times.
· Ability to travel locally.
· Fluency preferred in one or more of the following languages: Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Creole.
· Must be computer literate, including ability to learn and use program-specific software, and internet savvy. Knowledge of current version of Microsoft Office and Google Suite required (spreadsheets, word documents, email, calendar, etc.).
- Must work well in fast-paced team environment. Patience and a healthy sense of humor will be helpful.
- Must be available to work nights and some weekends.
SUBJECT TO REVIEW FOR PURPOSES OF ADAAA
JASA is committed to Equal Opportunity Employment
JASA offers a comprehensive benefits package, this includes major medical, dental, and life insurance; plus pension; 401k tax-deferred savings plan; flexible spending account; pre-tax transit; and a generous leave policy.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency preferred in one or more of the following languages: Russian, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese, Creole.
Minimum Education Required