Details: Salary range based on a 30 hour work week
930 Fourth Street
SteppingStone Adult Day Health is San Francisco's largest provider of adult day health care (ADHC). In 2018, a new project to reach LGBT San Franciscans in need of adult day health care services was initiated. This project includes creating an LGBT culturally attuned element at one of the Centers and an outreach effort to attract participants. This project is being undertaken in conjunction with the LGBT elder service agency, Openhouse.
Project/Case Manager for the “Expanding Adult Day Health Care Services to LGBTQ Seniors and Disabled Adults” Project
The Project/Case Manager serves as the primary point of contact to facilitate the creation and implementation of LGBTQ-focused adult day health care (ADHC) programs at SteppingStone’s Mission Creek Day Health Center.
The position works under the supervision of the Mission Creek Program Director and reports to the SteppingStone Executive Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serve as the dedicated leader of an AHDC program that is culturally attuned to attract and serve LGBTQ frail elders and adults with disabilities.
2. Serve as principle point of contact with Openhouse, a project subcontractor and community partner.
3. Lead the design and implementation of an LGBTQ-welcoming and affirming adult day health care program in collaboration with other staff and Openhouse.
4. Organize training of Openhouse staff members on working with ADHC issues and assist Openhouse with training SteppingStone staff on LGBTQ aging and community issues.
5. Oversee outreach activities to attract participants including presentations to on the program to organizations, agencies, case managers, social workers, etc.
6. In conjunction with Openhouse staff offer education sessions to inform community members about LGBTQ-welcoming ADHC services and related programs.
7. Oversee creation of project marketing materials both printed and online.
8. Collaborate with Openhouse and designated LGBTQ elder community members to further identify activities that meet the needs and interests of the LGBTQ community and the program objectives.
9. Oversee the gathering and maintenance of all client and service data to ensure compliance with all reporting requirements. Draft required project reports.
10. Other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.
2. Minimum 2 to 5 years of increasingly responsible and relevant work experience.
3. Experience working with older adult populations and individuals with disabilities.
4. Familiarity with adult day health care.
5. Sensitive to and knowledgeable of the distinct life experiences, challenges, and strengths of LGBT community members.
6. Excellent inter-personal and project management skills.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
8. Bilingualism is an asset.
We regret that we are unable to provide relocation assistance for this position.
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com and include “Project/Case Manager” in the subject line. AA/EEO employer. For more information about SteppingStone, please visit http://www.steppingstonehealth.org
This is a 30 hour a week position with full benefits (100% employer-paid medical and dental coverage, life insurance, vacation/holiday/sick leave, and voluntary vision and 403(b) plan).
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Project/Case Manager” in the subject line. AA/EEO employer.