The Senior Director, Anti-Trafficking Program, creates a vision for and oversees the Anti-Trafficking Program (ATP), a team of 8, and fosters linkages between Safe Horizon and the national and international network of organizations serving survivors of human trafficking. The Senior Director oversees staff involved in case management, legal representation, training & advocacy efforts, as well as the budget, staff development activities, and communication with other stakeholders in the anti-trafficking community. This position sets the tone and vision for the program in collaboration with a dynamic team. A successful Senior Director will be able to lead and motivate the team by developing a strategic plan which focuses on collaboration and successfully blends together the advocacy and client services goals of the program.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides overall leadership to all aspects of the program including direct services to clients, training and technical assistance, outreach and education, legislative and policy advocacy, and staff needs
- Ensures the appropriate management of the program to include ongoing professional development, supervision and performance management
- Facilitates development and implementation of program policies
- Work with various Safe Horizon departments to assure that quality standards are established and maintained
- Liaises with grant monitors to ensure that grant performance deliverables, including reports, are met and communicated to funders in collaboration with Development Department.
- Collaborate with Finance Department and other Safe Horizon leadership to develop program budget in alignment with program goals and grant requirements and assists in the development, realignment, and monitoring of the budget with Administrative Director
- Assesses program needs, including identifying funding opportunities, writing proposals and obtain funding in coordination with the Development Department
- Participates in Safe Horizon’s leadership meetings and is the primary liaison for agency related programmatic needs
Program & Staff Support:
- Oversees direct service delivery to ensure that the program responds to the changing needs of the client population and continues to provide high quality expert and innovative services
- Provide weekly programmatic supervision to direct reports: Training and Advocacy Director, Senior Staff Attorney, Staff Attorney, Supervising Social Worker and Program Assistant
Training & Advocacy
- Stays abreast of current legislation, best practices and emerging issues to provide support to the Training and Advocacy Director, who oversees outreach, legislative and advocacy strategy for federal and state government agencies, federal and local law enforcement agents, national and international agencies, service providers, community-based organizations, community members and various media outlets
- Provides testimony on issues related to human trafficking to federal, state, and local policymakers and agencies alongside other members Safe Horizon leadership and relevant ATP staff.
- Represents ATP as part of various networks of advocates and service providers working on human trafficking who represent varying audiences from law enforcement to government to students in key anti-trafficking initiatives
- Coordinates media requests for ATP with the Marketing and Communications Team
- Works with Director of Training & Advocacy in the delivery of technical assistance to Safe Horizon programs on a wide range of human trafficking related subjects, including policy, direct services and program development for federal and state government agencies, federal and local law enforcement agents, and service providers
- Represents ATP at conferences, panels, media requests, community trainings in person and telephonically
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Strong administrative, management, supervisory and leadership skills
- Solid strategic planning, program management and team building skills
- Excellent team facilitator with experience in collaborative decision-making models of management
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship skills
- Experience providing direct services to vulnerable populations through work in crisis intervention, case management or direct legal services
- Demonstrated success working with local, national and international agencies as well as community groups to increase awareness of anti-trafficking work and services
- Strong public speaking skills including high level of comfort speaking to diverse audiences (students, high level media, law enforcement, government officials) with varying viewpoints
- Ability to find commonalities in a field with varying viewpoints in order to bridge gaps that exist in policies and services
- Demonstrated success working with staff, clients and stakeholders from a variety of socio-economic spectrums
- Solid communication, active listening skills and time management skills including the ability to effectively balance multiple tasks
- Willingness to work nights, weekends and to travel, as needed, related to client crisis management, conferences and participation in national and international networks
- Fluency in Spanish
- Master’s Degree in Public Administration and Public Policy preferred; candidates with a graduate degree in psychology, social work, law or related field will also be considered.
- Minimum of 5 years clinical supervisory experience overseeing a team working with survivors of human trafficking, or closely related area of practice, including substantial experience working with multinational and immigrant population
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience in the social services and/or human rights sector, overseeing social workers, legal, advocacy, and administrative staff
- Knowledge of cross-cultural populations, immigration law and international issues.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in grant writing/reporting.
- Bilingual Spanish-speaking preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.)
If hired, I agree to abide by all of Safe Horizon’s rules and regulations, and understand that, if employed, my employment may be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, at the option of either the company or me. I further understand that no representation, whether oral or written by any representative or agent of the organization, at any time, constitutes a contract of employment
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply
Please follow this link to view complete EEO Law and complaint filing information:
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required