Details: Competitive compensation and benefits.
1025 Connecticut Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
Third Way is a national think tank that champions modern center-left ideas. Our agenda is built on the bedrock belief that for political movements to succeed in our political system, they must relentlessly reimagine their policies, strategies, and coalitions. We are fighting for opportunity, so everyone has the chance to earn a good life; progress on social issues, so all have the freedom to live the lives they choose; and security, so we are protected from the global threats of the 21st century.
About the Position
Third Way’s Clean Energy Program is committed to the fight against climate change, and we’re seeking a Policy Advisor to join our efforts to create a low-carbon energy future. This individual will analyze emerging trends in clean energy technologies and systems, explain these trends to an informed audience through written and digital content, and collaborate with teammates and external partners to promote smart federal clean energy policies.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Conducting research and quantitative analysis to better understand the technical and market opportunities and challenges facing emerging clean energy technologies, including carbon capture, advanced nuclear, energy storage, and others;
- Producing high-impact written reports, memos, op-eds, and digital content that translate complex energy issues to a general interest policy audience in a compelling and easily understandable way;
- Acting as a liaison with key constituencies, such as leaders in the energy research and innovation communities, policymakers and their staffs, and climate and clean energy advocates, to promote Third Way’s clean energy and climate agenda; and
- Working with other members of Third Way’s Clean Energy, Communications, and External Affairs teams to plan and execute events and stakeholder engagement activities to further our mission.
- A passion for the development and deployment of innovative technologies that will help dramatically reduce carbon emissions and address climate change;
- An understanding of energy systems and clean energy technologies, including nuclear and carbon capture;
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to explain complex topics to a non-expert audience in a clear and engaging way;
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis, including interpretation and presentation of energy data;
- Creativity in developing content for digital platforms, such as audio, video, and infographics, as well as traditional written material;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to plan complex events and coordinate activities with a large number of collaborators and participants;
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience researching or working in clean energy industries, energy technology, or energy policy in the advocacy community, the private sector, academia, or government; and A graduate degree in a relevant field, or an undergraduate degree along with highly relevant work experience.
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starting: Third Way seeks people who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborative: Third Way works in teams in sharing and brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creative: Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their own preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: Third Way has an organization-wide commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Competitive compensation and benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Use the link https://thirdway.recruitee.com/o/policy-advisor-washington to submit application.