Details: Salary commensurate with experience.
305 E Street, NW
CFLS is a multiservice agency providing housing, reentry, medical case management, employment, parenting, and emergency services. Our medical case management program provides services for people living with HIV/AIDS, including women returning from jail prison. Case managers are social workers or nurses who manage treatment and medical adherence, help locate housing opportunities, provide education, develop and review services plans, and refer participants to needed services.
The Medical Case Manager provides direct services aimed at improving health outcomes for people living with HIV/AIDS. This includes identifying and removing barriers to medical care, facilitating continuous engagement in primary medical care, supporting treatment adherence and connecting program participants to additional non-medical support services such as housing, food, transportation, and mental health.
· Conduct intake, initial, and ongoing comprehensive assessments to determine service needs
· Build trusting relationships with participants on caseload
· Develop comprehensive individualized service plans, including housing plans, and assist participants in meeting health and other goals
· Coordinate access to medical and other support services
· Provide treatment adherence counseling and support
· Monitor health outcomes and assist participants in maintaining connection to healthcare
· Document services provided in a timely manner and maintain accurate and confidential records
· MUST BE Licensed Graduate Social Worker (LGSW) and MUST HAVE an Master's of Social work (MSW)
Send resumes to Ashley McSwain, Executive Director email@example.com or Shena McFadden, Director of Housing firstname.lastname@example.org.
· At least one year working with HIV case management or in a relevant community health environment
· Strong interpersonal, organizational, decision making, written, and verbal communication skills
· Experience working with people returning from jail or prison and/or experiencing homelessness
· Knowledge of community resources providing services to people living with HIV/AIDS.
Full Benefits to include health, vision and dental, as well as sick, vacation and holiday pay.
Minimum Education Required