Children's Council of San Francisco
445 Church Street
For over 40 years, Children's Council has been at the heart of child care in San Francisco. Our mission is to connect families to child care that meets their needs and to work with parents, providers and community partners to make quality child care and early education a reality for all children in our city. We believe all families need access to quality, affordable child care. Parents need reliable child care so they can work, and children need nurturing care and early education to prepare them for school and for life. If you want to be a child care champion in our community, we want you on our team.
The Human Resource Assistant will be an important part of the HR team, and provide support to both the HR Director and HR Manager by coordinating the daily activities of this small department. Duties will include managing the posting boards for recruitment and processes for hiring, coordinating staff events and supporting the payroll process. S/he should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and take pride in providing the best support possible to our staff and hiring managers.
Key Qualities for this position:
- You are a professional who understands the importance of HR being a trusted resource for staff.
- Your attention to detail and organizational skills are exemplary.
- You are capable of managing multiple projects and deadlines.
- You are comfortable taking initiative in any given task or project.
- You have a great personality, sense of humor, and you thrive in busy environments.
- Process and manage all tasks pertaining to new hires and staff separations.
- Ensure that all data in payroll is current and entered accurately in payroll.
- Manage recruitment tasks as needed: Place job postings on recruitment sites, monitor applicant activity, screen applications for hiring managers, and coordinate interviews.
- Coordinate onboarding for all new hires and process employee terminations.
- Manage personnel files of all employees,complete employment verification requests, process HR expenses (insurance bills and credit card expenses).
- Assist employees with timecard entries, payroll, and any trouble-shooting activities that impact payroll or payroll deductions.
- Assist in the processing of IRS & state withholding and garnishment orders, employment verification requests and audits for employees.
- Provide logistical and administrative support with the planning of staff engagement/meetings, monthly staff social events, etc..
- Conduct occasional audit of HR files and other confidential records to ensure completeness.
- Perform other administrative support duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years’ experience working in HR.
- Experience supporting the payroll function.
- Prior experience supporting all facets of the recruitment and hiring process.
- Must be detail oriented, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid proficiency working with ADP (Workforce Now V12 or higher) and Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate next steps, and successfully juggle multiple projects.
- Experience working in a union environment is a plus.
- Mental acuity to perform the essential functions of this position in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Dexterity to use office equipment; the ability to sit and work at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to speak, hear, and understand speech at normal room levels.
- Physical agility to bend, stoop, walk, climb four flights of stairs if required.
Children’s Council is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving the San Francisco community. We encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. Individuals seeking employment at Children’s Council are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Children’s Council is a family-friendly workplace offering full-time eligible employees 22 days paid vacation, 13 paid holidays, 401k with employer match, and health/dental/vision benefits upon successful completion of 30-day introductory period.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com. Please put “HR Assistant” in the subject line.