500 7th Avenue
The Project Manager, Campus Planning & Design (CP&D) is a key member of the CP&D team, and is responsible for all aspects of planning and implementation on assigned projects. Responsibilities include overall project leadership to oversee the design, completion, and financial outcome of several simultaneous projects ranging in scope across the Touro College and University System (“TCUS”).
• Participate and provide expertise and assistance in the planning, design and construction of the University’s physical environment and the formation of requirements for new structures and renovations.
• Review and assist with reviews of designs from outside design professionals.
• Assist in attaining project budgets.
• Manage construction projects as required to facilitate the goals of TCUS.
• Ensure all established quality control standards are met via on-site review of ongoing construction work.
• Work with the Director of CP&D and departmental and administrative personnel to plan, design and coordinate construction procedures. Assist with selection and procurement of consultant services and/or availability of campus support for delivery of such services in order to accomplish projects.
• Provide support to the SVP of Operations and to Director of CP&D on all matters related to campus planning, building design and construction.
• As directed will oversee assigned projects from inception through completion, including written reports to provide status and proposed corrective actions.
• Assist with progress meetings with the design team, users, and general contractors to monitor construction and project scheduling.
• Review and evaluate the merit of change orders for all assigned projects.
• Under direction, will evaluate applications for payment to determine whether they accurately reflect work performed.
• Supervise outside consultants, construction personnel during course of projects. Visit sites on an ongoing basis in order to coordinate, supervise and direct all efforts.
• Stay abreast of building construction techniques.
• Perform related or similar duties as required or assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Architecture, Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university.
• 5 or more years of experience in design, construction and management related to the above-described duties.
• Strong analytical, problem and time management solving skills.
• Knowledge of construction methods and technologies, and ability to interpret contracts and technical drawings.
• Training in architectural design and/or construction. Strong graphics and drafting skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and AutoCAD
• Proven experience in supervision and management of staff and consultants.
• Experience in higher education.
• Strong collaboration and matrix management skills.
• Ability to draw, sketch and design (freehand and CAD)
Touro College and University System is committed to providing all persons equal opportunity in education and employment, and to ensuring a safe and non-discriminatory educational and work environment in compliance with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972 (“Title IX”), Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Violence Against Women Act (“VAWA”), the New York State Education Law, and other applicable laws. It is the policy of the College to prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment and in the administration of College programs, services, activities, and admissions on the basis of race, religion, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Minimum Education Required