Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Email Marketer
- Job posted by Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE)
Details: Competitive salary based on experience.
If you want to use your Search Engine Marketing and Email expertise to improve the quality of life of 65 million people impacted by epilepsy, read on…
As a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Email Marketer for Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE), you would be responsible for online lead generation, supporter engagement, and fundraising, as a means to:
- educate constituents and supporters about research discoveries which may reduce or eliminate their seizures
- raise money online for research to cure epilepsy and reduce treatment side effects
GOALS AND ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Rapidly grow CURE’s email list and social media audience of prospective donors, at the lowest possible CPA
- Online Campaign Strategy
- Online Campaign Project Management
- Email Marketing (including writing call-to-action emails and fundraising emails). You would implement fundraising email campaigns from start-to-finish including drafting copy, layout, list segmentation, A/B testing, scheduling, distribution, and lessons learned
- Email List Management (data hygiene, data enhancement, and web form integration with Raiser’s Edge)
- Search Engine Marketing (including writing all ad copy and art directing graphics)
- Landing Page Optimization
- Campaign Analytics and Reporting
- Website User Experience
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Google Grants
- Campaign Management
- Bulk Email Systems
- Email Copywriting
- Copywriting for Search Engines
- Email Delivery Troubleshooting / Email Whitelisting
- Database Hygiene
- Content A/B Testing
- Conversion Tracking
- CAN-SPAM Requirements
- Excel expertise (required); Microsoft Access or SQL experience preferred
Other skills that would be helpful, but are not required:
- Raiser's Edge
- Adobe Creative Suite
- WordPress CMS
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, the Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Email Marketer will oversee digital vendors and contractors, including: web developers and graphics artists.
- Current knowledge of the latest techniques to get a competitive advantage with key digital tools
- Strategic, yet fully ‘hands-on’
- ‘Can do’ and “Whatever it takes” attitude
- Highly detail-oriented and precise.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree required, in marketing or communications.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of digital marketing experience in each of: email marketing, online advertising, website content production, online campaign management, and reporting.
- Excellent written and analytic skills.
- An enthusiastic and collegial approach to work, the ability to communicate well, and a willingness to learn and be open to new ideas.
- Highly organized with proven ability to work independently and to manage multiple priorities.
- Flexibility to work irregular hours, including evenings and weekends when needed
Status and Benefits
Supervisor: Director of Communications
FLSA Status: Exempt
Terms of Employment: At Will
Employment Status: Full-Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life, 403(b), PTO, Sick Leave, Paid Holiday’s and more
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
All interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to jobs@CUREepilepsy.org with "Search Engine Marketing (SEM) / Email Marketer" in the subject line.
With your cover letter, please include examples of:
- a call-to-action email you wrote
- a landing page you optimized
Due to the large interest in working with CURE, we are not able to take phone calls or personally respond to emails. Potential candidates for open positions will be invited for an interview.
CURE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CURE is committed to recruiting and maintaining a diverse staff; individuals from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. CURE does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parenthood, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.