Details: Mid to High $40,000s
4301 Connecticut Avenue, NW Suite M-2
PRIMARY AREAS OF WORK
The Major Gifts Officer is responsible for raising major gifts (ranging from $5,000 to $100,000 plus) with multi-year commitments for Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital.
· Develop and implement in concert with the Director of Development the strategy to achieve individual giving fund-raising goals including stretch goals.
· Participates in overall planning and execution of Council major gift fundraising.
· Identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects for major gifts and bequests for the purpose of supporting programming, operations, building the endowment, and capital improvements.
· Prepares research on each prospect to include wealth engine rating, giving history to the Council and other organizations, capacity, Girl Scout linkages including if they are a volunteer, etc.
· Based on research, recommends solicitation strategy and prepares background information for each visit and generates timely and thorough follow-up correspondence and call reports.
· Schedules cultivation and solicitation meetings with donors and prospects on average 3-4 per week targeting individuals with a giving capacity of $5000 or above.
· Maintains an active portfolio of 75 to 100 donors.
· Manages a comprehensive cultivation tracking system for all major and planned gift donors and prospects – both in the donor database and hardcopy.
· Responsible for implementing the donor touch point calendar that was developed. Additionally, identify ways to increase the cultivation and involvement of donors in visits, meetings, and activities as appropriate.
· Prepares major gift proposals in response to inquiries and/or cultivation of major donors and prospects.
· Manages Juliette Low Legacy committee staffed by volunteers with the goal of recruiting 10 new members a year. Plan the annual Juliette Low Society tea and other donor cultivation events.
· Other duties as assigned.
1. To plan, organize, and implement the individual giving programs including:
A. Develop relationships with the major gift donors and prospects.
B. Discover and publicize giving opportunities for special projects.
C. Personally solicit and close major and planned gifts with donors.
D. Ensures relationships with donors and prospects are institutionalized.
2. To plan, organize, and implement the planned giving program including:
A. Manage and staff volunteer committee
B. Nurturing relationships with planned giving donors and prospects.
C. Calculating and presenting planned gift proposals.
D. Personally soliciting planned gifts.
3. To make public appearances and presentations before groups and organizations concerning Girl Scouts Nation’s Capital.
· University degree or equivalent in commerce, marketing, administration or related areas
· Minimum two-year’ experience in major gift fundraising.
· Demonstrated experience in Major Gift/Planned Giving fundraising.
· Previous experience with volunteer boards and committees is essential.
· CFRE designation would be considered an asset.
· Girl Scout background would be considered an asset.
· Ability to work in donor databases and to leverage fully.
Our benefit package is generous, including:
- 3 health insurance options (The Council pays the full monthly premium for individual coverage in the HMO or HMO/HSA and contributes $55.98 (individual) or $59.82 (family) per pay period to the HSA for employees on that plan.)
- Dental and vision plan
- 100% employer-paid life and AD&D insurance
- 100% employer-paid long-term disability insurance
- Immediate, 100% vested, employer contribution of 3% to 403(b) plan
- 403(b) match of 2% available after 12 months of employment (3 year vesting)
- A generous paid vacation policy (0-3 years = 18 days; >3 years = 24 days)
- 10 paid holidays, annually – including 1 floating holiday
- 12 paid sick days, annually
- 10 paid New Child Leave days for qualifying staff
- Flexible spending plans for certain medical and dependent care expenses
- Employee assistance program
- Metro SmartBenefits® (pretax transportation program)
- Garage parking at our main office, conveniently paid through pretax payroll deduction
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Specialist