PO box 219
Peebles Island State Park
We seek to hire a full-time Program Manager to:
- Lead and manage programs and projects related to strategic goals and key activity areas, including: recreational trails, tourism promotion, and historic preservation; and to provide support to projects primarily managed by other staff.
- Help secure programmatic resources via grant writing and related resource development efforts.
- Provide support to outreach and communication efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of the development of the NYS Canalway Water Trail (https://eriecanalway.org/explore/boating/paddling)
- Coordinate and manage all aspects of an Events & Festivals sponsorship program (https://eriecanalway.org/resources/grants)
- Assist with identifying and securing resources to launch, maintain or expand programs and projects
- Assist with communications and outreach efforts, including web site maintenance, user group management and social media
- Manage contracts and reporting requirements related to Program Manager’s areas of responsibility
- Coordinate and manage completion of annual National Heritage Area report
- As needed, provide support to projects managed by other staff
- Assist with partnerships and relationship management
- Represent organization at events, meetings and other functions throughout the Corridor
- Perform variety of regular, and as-needed, administrative functions, including database management, work planning and budgeting
This position will report to the Executive Director and Director of Communications and Outreach.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful applicant must have excellent administrative, organizational, written and verbal communication skills and clearly demonstrate the ability to work effectively with an organizational team and partners. S/he must be flexible and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. In addition, s/he must demonstrate:
- Strong commitment to preserving and promoting the extraordinary historic, cultural, natural and recreational resources of the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor (familiarity with the Corridor and its resources preferred)
- Effective program or project management experience with private or public sectors (nonprofit organization and grant writing experience preferred)
- Ability to effectively utilize technology; experience with web mapping/GIS, website management and social media preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s degree preferred)
- Willingness to travel, as appropriate, for meetings, trainings, and events
This full time position includes a competitive salary and benefits package. The employee will be hired through the Erie Canalway Heritage Fund, Inc. (a not-for-profit corporation). Erie Canalway Heritage Fund, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required