Details: $15 per hour
Fordham Bedford Community Services
2715 Bainbridge Avenue
Fordham Bedford Community Services (FBCS), an organization founded by Fordham Bedford Housing Corporation, is committed to serving the children and families of the Northwest Bronx and its surrounding areas. FBCS is continually seeking new and innovative ways to strengthen families by providing a variety of programs and services. The Family Child Care Program works with families seeking childcare and with Providers in developing the services they provide. Quality child care settings provide social and intellectual development to prepare young children for school.
Title: Early Learn Family Child Care Program Assistant
Location: Jacob’s Place Early Learning Center, Bronx, New York
Position Type: Part-Time, 17 Hours per week
● Applications: Schedule appointments with clients, assist with the application process, mail applications to the ACS Resource Area, follow up with families, and maintain the waiting list. Assist current clients with their re-certifications and reminders.
● Maintain Client Records: File and maintain all records up to date, maintain provider document tracking system, assist with sending physical letters for children’s records and follow up
● Provider Mailings: Create bi-monthly envelopes for the providers to pick up on attendance day and pay day. Envelopes include parent receipts, training flyers, calendars, reminder letters, etc. Program assistant is responsible for creating all program flyers and the monthly calendar of program events.
● Assist in the collection of parent fees. Mail weekly suspension letters and follow up with parents who are pending suspension with reminder calls throughout the week.
● Enrollment: Assist with enrollment of children to the program. Schedule appointments, prepare and review files. Prepare completed records for providers, network, and parents.
● Assist with office cleaning and organizing tasks: shredding, organizing binders, filing, cleaning toys, and inventory. Archive dropped provider and children’s records.
● Assist with data entry: GOLD evaluations, surveys, tracking systems. Confirm and review attendance.
● Staff Program Events: Set up food and materials for program trainings and events, facilitate registration and clean up.
● Home Visits: After being trained, assist program staff with completing home visits on a monthly basis to monitor provider homes.
● Bilingual: English/Spanish, other languages helpful
● High School Diploma/HSE required, continuing education preferred
● Ability to read, write and translate between languages.
● Ability to maintain professionalism while conducting home visits and working with families.
● Ability to communicate effectively in phone calls, client meetings, and email communication.
● Must be able to work independently on assigned responsibilities but also be able to collaborate when working on larger projects with the team.
● Able to easily use technology: Gmail, Google drive, and computer systems
Interested candidates should email their resume to email@example.com
Minimum Education Required