Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO) the Director, Organizational Development (DOD) is responsible for establishing and executing strategies and programs that enhance the capacity of Trinity staff to advance its mission and strategic priorities. The DOD has experience in all areas of human resources, with an eye on performance management, employee engagement, learning, information systems, and compliance. The DOD assists the CHRO in designing initiatives that improve performance, increase engagement, and build the overall talent capability of the organization. S/He provides support to the CHRO with aligning long-range human resource initiatives with organizational objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with leaders and hiring managers in workforce planning, design and evaluation
- Lead performance management program including support in goal setting, bi-annual employee check-ins, adherence to timelines, communications, coaching and career development.
- Working with the HR Coordinator, create and deliver engaging onboarding program for new employees that maximizes immersion into Trinity culture.
- Conduct needs analysis of talent capabilities required now and in the future across all levels of Trinity to support organizational growth, mission achievement and strategic alignment.
- Work with CHRO to build succession plans across the organization ensuring critical roles have top talent and provide opportunity for talent development.
- Manage the creation and implementation of mentoring, coaching, and other specialized development programs that support high potential identification and cultivation.
- Manage employee engagement survey process, including identification of consultant, survey facilitation, data collection, debriefing of results and identification of incentives and development opportunities to increase engagement.
- Design and manage career ladder program, serving as career manager for high potentials.
Training and Learning
- Align enterprise wide training programs with organizational vision mission, values, and strategic initiatives.
- Identify training needs for staff and participate in the implementation of programs and initiatives.
- Conduct comprehensive learning needs assessments and make recommendations to senior management.
- Ensure training and development initiatives support OD and succession planning goals, as well as organizational goals.
- Oversee all mandatory compliance training programs to keep organization in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Partner with management and staff to develop, implement, monitor and see-through individualized development plans and groups trainings for staff.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion
- Work with CHRO to build leadership awareness, commitment, and accountability for employee experience and diversity action plans across the business.
- Conduct research in connection with DEI objectives, best practices, and benchmarking and define Trinity specific deliverables.
- Establish mechanisms to measure, track, and report on diversity metrics.
- Work collaboratively with Director, Talent Management to implement diversity and inclusion strategies as it relates to recruitment.
- Serve as HR point of contact for Employee Resource Group Program including but not limited to correspondence with ERG Leads, management of resources and support requests, and event planning and support.
- Adheres to confidentiality rules and all other Trinity’s policies and procedures.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes Trinity’s mission and core values.
- Assumes other related responsibilities and special projects as required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required; experience in communication with all levels of employees and business partners preferred.
- Factitious and strong attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated Human Resources generalist knowledge required, specifically including recruitment, employee relations, and employment law.
- Highly-motivated self-starter comfortable leading and managing teams through organizational effectiveness initiatives.
- Ability to facilitate senior level meetings and counsel leaders on talent management and development topics.
- Must demonstrate outstanding judgment and sound business skills with the ability to establish a strong rapport with staff at all levels.
- Strong orientation to creating positive and collaborative work environments of diverse populations through effective employee engagement practices.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging, multi-cultural work environment.
- Ability to manage confidential information imperative, including influencing others to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Skilled at multi-tasking; able to coordinate, organize, prioritize and execute responsibilities in the face of conflicting priorities and unexpected situations.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); strong working knowledge of HRIS systems.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- High level of discretion.
REQUIRED AND PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CREDENTIALS
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources or Organizational Development with at least 3 years in a management capacity.
- Experience in the development and facilitation of training programs with an understanding of adult learning principles, organizational and leadership development best practices, and related theories with the demonstrated ability to translate it into practical application.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources HR related field preferred.
- Project management experience strongly preferred.