870 Market Street
Communities on the margins of opportunity deserve a trusted partner on their journey towards financial growth and stability. As a locally invested, collaborative partner in social justice and financial equity, Northern California Community Loan Fund (NCCLF) provides nonprofits, small businesses, and social enterprises with strategic investment and guidance deepening work, scaling impact, and strengthening our communities.
The Consulting Program provides technical assistance in financial management and real estate services for nonprofit organizations. Our team of consultants use wisdom, industry expertise, and passion to improve nonprofit programs and services. Through strategic guidance and trainings, we identify and create strategies to help organizations build operational efficiencies and develop long-term plans to meet financial and real estate goals.
For more information on our programs and services, please visit our website at www.ncclf.org
NCCLF works with governmental and nonprofit organizations to develop plans that address the real estate needs of their programs. Focal areas for our work include community arts facilities, multi-tenant centers, mixed-use development and facilities for organizations that serve communities on the margins of opportunity in Northern California.
The Real Estate Consultant will work with Bay Area nonprofit organizations to plan and implement their real estate projects. Specifically, the Real Estate Consultant will provide facility planning, assess organizational financial capacity, identify and evaluate potential sites, negotiate leases/purchase agreements, analyze financial feasibility, assist with selection process for development team members, and assess property and asset management needs.
This position is primarily focused in the Bay Area counties, but may also work in other parts of Northern California.
• Represent NCCLF at various community meetings, convenings, and conferences
• Market NCCLF’s services and products to CBO’s, municipalities, and other potential clients
• Identify potential clients and enter into contract with them for consulting services.
• Work with clients to determine the goals of their facility projects.
• Work with clients to determine conceptual feasibility of their facility projects.
• Work with clients to assess the Real Estate options appropriate to their programs and outline work needed.
• Prepare pro forma models of sources, uses and cash flows for the one-time and ongoing costs of a real estate projects.
• Work with clients to assess their asset management options.
• Manage and maintain positive client relationships.
• Assess the capacity of the client’s financial structure to support project costs and debt.
• Organize, plan and conduct Real Estate workshops.
• Collaborate with strategic partners to integrate Real Estate training into comprehensive capacity building programs.
• Measure and track results of consulting engagements.
• Assist program staff with creation of marketing materials and marketing strategies for informational workshops.
Program Management & Administration
• Conduct on-going “best practices” research and document results for the benefit of Real Estate clients.
• Work with staff to maintain NCCLF consultant referral network.
• Attend staff meetings and work with NCCLF staff to coordinate Real Estate program with other organizational programs.
• Prepare applications and reports to external funders (government agencies, foundations, etc) for third party contracts.
• 3+ years experience with development of community facilities, affordable housing or commercial real estate.
• Ability to design and build financial analysis models for real estate.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Valid California Drivers License for required driving.
• Ability to conduct site visits throughout Northern California.
Desired Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Experience with nonprofit facility development and/or management
• Experience with developing arts facilities and/or multi-tenant centers
• Experience with providing technical assistance, consulting and training, including
curriculum development, webinars, group presentations and individual consultations.
• Familiarity with commercial tenant improvement construction practices.
• Familiarity with commercial Real Estate brokerage practices.
• Familiarity with the nonprofit sector and municipalities in Bay Area counties.
Compensation and Benefits:
Starting salary is $80,000-$92,000 depending on experience, plus an excellent benefits package including health, dental, retirement plan and three weeks vacation.
Health, dental, retirement plan, and three weeks vacation.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Mail résumé and cover letter to:
Northern California Community Loan Fund
870 Market Street, Suite 677
San Francisco, California 94102
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Real Estate Consultant” on subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Application Deadline: Open until filled.