Program Associate, National and Regional Networks
- Job posted by Sustainable Development Solutions Network
Full Time Contract
The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) has been operating since 2012 under the auspices of the UN Secretary-General. This global network is led by Professor Jeffrey D. Sachs and is comprised of universities, research centers, civil society organizations and other knowledge centers in support of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). National and Regional SDSNs have been established to accelerate practical problem solving for sustainable development at local, national, and regional levels. These networks are very active and are playing a leading role in localizing the SDGs in their respective regions.
The SDSN is seeking a dynamic and talented individual to help develop and manage National and Regional SDSNs, with a focus on Latin America. Based out of the New York office of the SDSN, the Associate will report to the Head of the Networks Program and work closely with others on the SDSN team supporting networks in different regions of the world. The position requires international travel.
- Work with several National and Regional SDSNs and support them to establish their structures, recruit members, develop and implement ambitious work programs, and mobilize financial resources.
- Support the membership drive of the SDSN and build SDSN services for its members.
- Manage budgets associated with activities under her/his responsibility.
- Represent the SDSN at meetings and conferences.
- Prepare and contribute to publications that highlight network activities.
- Work with leading scientists and business executives to support their effective work in the SDSN.
- Support new special initiatives of the SDSN, to include training seminars and policy roundtables.
- The candidate must have the right to work in the U.S.A.
- Passion for the mission of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
- Minimum of one-year relevant full-time work experience.
- Outstanding English oral and written communication skills. Full proficiency in Spanish is also desirable. Please clearly indicate your proficiency levels (oral and written) for both languages in your application.
- Demonstrated ability to manage partnerships and client relationships in a highly professional manner.
- Advanced degree in economics, international development, natural sciences, engineering, business or related discipline.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a 12-month contract (with the possibility of renewal) that will be administered by the SDSN Association.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter to https://sdsn.hrpartner.io/jobs. We will contact only those candidates whose profile meets our requirements. Applications will be accepted until April 15, 2018.