Details: Based on experience
557 McReynolds Rd
The Bay Area Discovery Museum (BADM) is seeking a Development Coordinator to support the museum’s fundraising efforts. In the past 3 years, BADM’s annual operating budget has almost doubled, in large part due to fundraising successes. The museum understands that fundraising is a key enabler of its success; from the CEO to the VP of Education Strategy, we support the work of the development team. The development team functions dynamically and cross departmentally with education, marketing, finance, and the CEO.
The museum’s strategic goals are to demonstrate the value of research-based learning experiences 1) onsite through increased access and attendance by children, families, and teachers; 2) locally through our outreach and partnerships in low-income communities; and 3) nationally through our research center, the Center for Childhood Creativity.
It is an exciting time to join BADM’s dynamic development team. The Development Coordinator supports the museum’s two key fundraising initiatives 1) ongoing operating support and 2) a multi-year capital campaign to fund a new campus plan. The Development Coordinator is responsible for processing, tracking, and acknowledging development gifts and supporting the capital campaign through researching potential donors and tracking donor data. We're looking for someone who is detail oriented, takes initiative, and is eager to complete various kinds of work from administrative tasks and database management to supporting grant proposals and donor solicitations. This position provides a wonderful opportunity to learn various elements of development, access higher level campaign strategy, and work directly with board members and museum leadership. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Senior Manager of Corporate Relations & Campaign Manager.
- Manage all aspects of the museum’s development database (Altru) including data entry and clean-up, report and mailing list development, solicitor tracking, and production of regular reports for all fundraising campaigns.
- Establish standards, provide training, and support staff utilization of the Altru database.
- Complete daily gift entry for annual fund, Donor Circle, foundation, corporate, government, campaign, and events pledges and gifts.
- Process all museum gifts and related acknowledgment letters and ensure personalized recognition of all gifts. This includes producing acknowledgement letters, generating custom letters, managing matching gift process, producing gift summary reports and campaign pledge reminders, and devising and revising systems as necessary.
- Process and acknowledge all tickets and reservations for BADM’s fundraising events.
- Develop, track, and produce reports, exports, and lists for development projects including mailings, recognition lists, events, board reports, and related activities.
- Perform research to identify, evaluate and rate prospects; conduct in-depth biographical, financial, and philanthropic research; provide analysis of information gathered on current and prospective museum donors.
- Develop, implement, and manage systems and procedures to meet the information needs of development staff in preparation for contacting, cultivating and soliciting major gift prospects.
- Conduct regular reconciliation with Finance Department and implement procedures to track campaign cash flows.
- Assist with Development related events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA/BA/BS degree or comparable experience required.
- Experience in CRM database applications preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, Excel, and other relevant applications.
- Ability to interact effectively with staff colleagues, donors, board members, volunteers, public figures and community leaders.
- Outstanding time management and analytical skills and the ability to manage multiple fundraising activities and initiatives.
- Highly motivated, flexible, resourceful, well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated record of setting and achieving goals and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work as a team member and also independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer support skills and service orientation.
- Commitment to the mission of the Bay Area Discovery Museum.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum offers a high-energy, results-oriented, creative and fun environment where all staff members contribute to creating an innovative environment that helps us achieve our mission. BADM provides 100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability insurance to all full-time employees, as well as generous paid time off starting at 4 weeks per year. In addition, we offer the knowledge that your skills impact over 300,000 museum visitors each year onsite and many more in the community through BADM’s Center for Childhood Creativity.
The Bay Area Discovery Museum is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should apply online at:
Please be prepared to provide both a resume and cover letter, which will be requested in two different steps of the application process.
NOTE TO CANDIDATE
Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position.