Details: 32 hours per week, full benefits, non-exempt, $17-19 per hour
2100 24th Avenue South
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to provide general office support to members of the Ventures operations team by staffing the front desk, performing clerical duties, and assisting with administrative projects as needed.
Ventures Reception and Front Desk (50%)
- Greet and welcome clients and visitors to main office, providing gracious client service
- Answer front desk calls and answer questions or transfer to appropriate parties
- Answer questions about programs and organization in Spanish and English and other communications as necessary
- Enroll clients in programs and direct clients to the appropriate staff member to assist with more detailed program questions or business resources
- Collect, sort and organize mail, stamp and take outgoing mail to building mailbox
- Collect loan payments from clients
Administrative Support (50%)
- Provide logistical support for internal meetings and events, including room reservations, room set-up, note-taking, calendar maintenance, and etc.
- Maintain and update Ventures Board materials, contact list and resources
- Compile content for monthly internal HR newsletter and Board newsletter
- Prepare copies, labels, nametags, packets, folders, and other materials as needed
- Maintain an organized, clean office space; order office supplies; water plants; and etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of organized filing systems
- Complete data entry for client, government grant reports and organizational projects
- Provide backup support for Program Coordination
- Other administrative projects as needed
- Starting Salary/Rate: $17-19 per hour, 32 hours per week
- Note – Ventures maintains a competitive compensation package; within budget constraints, you will be eligible for performance-based raises on an annual basis.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Medical Flexible Spending Account
- 403b Retirement Account
- Subsidized ORCA pass
- Annual professional development spending allowance
- 15 paid holidays per year (calculated at .8 FTE)
- 17 paid vacation days per year (calculated at .8 FTE)
- 12 paid sick days per year (calculated at .8 FTE)
Level of Language Proficiency
Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish required - this position must be able to greet and assist Spanish-speaking guests in person, email, and phone – please do not apply if you do not have at least intermediate Spanish language skills.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and Spanish - this position must be able to greet and assist Spanish-speaking guests in person, email, and phone – please do not apply if you do not have at least intermediate Spanish language skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, with high degree of attention to detail
- Strong computer & technology skills, including MS Office Suite
- Demonstrates the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- High level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues
- Ability to complete projects unassisted
- Demonstrated success in similar positions
- Experience with low income individuals and people from diverse backgrounds
- Exposure or experience in the nonprofit sector
- Supervisor: Interim Associate Director, Laura Fletcher
- Schedule: Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (includes a 30-minute lunch break each day) with occasional evening commitments
- An employment offer will be contingent upon completion of a background check.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
The employee must be able to operate a computer and other office equipment, speak and listen on the telephone, and accurately see and interpret columns of numbers.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to: Laura Fletcher, Interim Associate Director - firstname.lastname@example.org applications will be reviewed on a rolling bases, application must be submitted by March 19, 2018. No phone calls please.
This position description generally describes the principle functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications are considered without regard to race, age, sex, color, creed, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, mental or physical handicap, sexual orientation (heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality and gender expression of identity) or any other classification protected by law.