SARAH SENECA Residential Services, Inc. provides quality residential and day support services to enable individuals with developmental disabilities to:
- Further develop social skills
- Make choices to attain personal goals
- Develop self-esteem, self reliance & personal responsibility
- participate in community life as valued citizens
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
- The Executive Director serves as the Chief Administrator managing the operation of SARAH SENECA through the day to day leadership, decision-making, authorization of expenditures, and other procedures in accordance with policies established by SARAH SENECA, DDS, DSS and approved by the Board of Directors;
- The Executive Director supervises Administrative & Financial Staff, Registered Nurses, Program Managers and all other employees of the agency;
- The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors and serves solely at its pleasure.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Implements SARAH SENECA'S mission, goals, objectives and philosophy:
- Carries out responsibilities within bylaws, articles of incorporation and other governing policies;
- Keeps informed regarding all aspects of the agency;
- Sets example by participating in appropriate organizational activities.
- Oversee sound and Inclusive Human Resource practices:
- Demonstrated management skills that lead to high staff morale and loyalty to the agency.
- Effectively organizes and manages so as to support agency's goals, objectives and policies;
- Ensures adequate procedures are in place to support agency policies.
Management of Programs and Services:
- Develops and manages program planning and evaluation processes:
- Knows and understands individuals' strengths and needs through personal contact with employees;
- Accountable for developing program standards and for running safe programs;
- Assures compliance with all licensing and legal requirements and rules and regulations of the State and Federal government;
- Keep current on trends and developments in the field.
- Assumes leadership and maintains a strong, close relationship with all levels of DDS and DSS;
- Maintains a strong, close relationship with the SARAH foundation and other related agencies;
- Assumes leadership for communicating the intent of the agency's activities, program, mission, goals, objectives, and philosophy to community at large including other agencies and media.
Business and Finance:
- Develops and operates within an annual budget as approved by the Board of Directors;
- Ensures that all assets and agency property are efficiently safeguarded and administered;
- Assures that sound accounting controls and procedures are maintained and that the agency complies with appropriate legal requirements.
Valid state of CT driver's license, travel as required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates genuine respect and positive regard for individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities and their families.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the field of Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities, Alzheimer's, Autism, Rehabilitation and Residential Services with emphasis on new program development;
- Experience with Finance, Healthcare, Human Resources.
- Masters degree in related field of Special Education, Healthcare, Social work, psychology, or rehabilitation preferred
- 5 to 10 years in a field of intellectual developmental disabilities preferred.
- 2 years of high-level administrative experience in residential services or related healthcare
- Significant experience in fiscal management and inclusive team supervision