District of Columbia
Generation is a global program dedicated to closing the skills gap for young adults, which leaves 75 million unemployed and three times as many underemployed around the world. Generation is an independent non-profit organization launched by McKinsey & Co. in 2014, and we work with multiple partners to recruit candidates, design, and deliver a 4-12 week "boot-camp" training program focused on technical, behavioral, and foundational skills, and to track the return on investment for both employers and young people.
The Partnership Manager is a full-time role that will be the primary point of contact for the Generation Food Services program in partnership with Nando’s. The primary function of this role is to successfully lead the program pilot and ensure that the program meets Generation USA target metrics on recruitment, graduation placement, and job retention.
In October 2018, Generation is launching two programs to help our employer partner (Nando’s) meet their hiring needs for entry-level roles in addition to training incumbent managers. For the new hire program, Generation will work closely with Nando’s recruit for and train incoming staff for runner, host, and cashier positions. The program is expected to train eight 20-25 person cohorts over 12 months in the DMV (i.e. DC, Maryland and Virginia) area. The manager program will focus on existing Nando’s managers, and will follow a similar model of six cohorts of ~15 managers each over the next year. After a successful pilot (three cohorts of each program), we hope to expand our partnership to include training for other roles.
The Partnership Manager should expect to spend a significant amount of time working at Nando’s sites in the DMV area (headquarters in DC) with minimal travel to community partners in the DMV area.
This is a full-time temporary employee position with 12 months of guaranteed funding and possibility for extension
- Drive client partnerships and activities by:
- Maintaining regular contact with partner providing frequent updates on program status and outcomes
- Managing relationship with key partner stakeholders by providing high-quality customer service
- Coordinating partner relations events
- Acting as liaison to Generation US National team, contributing insights and experiences as we continue improving the Generation model nationally and codifying best practices
- Collaborating with partners to establish and execute against timeline for employment for Generation students, including recruitment of students, application submission and interviews
- Collaborating with Generation US National team to evaluate program against agreed upon objectives
- Maintain data collection and activities by:
- Ensuring complete and accurate reporting
- Utilizing a file system with student information and program records; ensuring team (instructors and mentor) keep this information up to date on the Generation Data Tool
- 160-200 food services participants in 2018-2019
- 80% employment rate (100% of graduates to be offered role at Nando’s)
- 75% job retention with the same employer for at least 180-days
You have outstanding leadership skills and are energized by building strong partnerships. You seek to constantly create new connections and deepen existing ones. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are comfortable with ambiguity that comes with start-up environments. You have a knack for ‘getting things done,’ have high levels of ownership over your work, and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to solve challenges.
Specific requirements include, but not limited to:
- Creative, strategic, and analytical thinker with the ability to manage multiple types of partnerships and balance short and long-term objectives
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrable partnership management experience in fast-paced, high-growth, client-facing position
- Professional demeanor with exceptional ability to establish credibility with executives
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with high level of attention to detail in tasks and interactions
- A growth mindset; self-reflective and open to frequent feedback
- A positive, solutions-oriented attitude, drive for excellence, and ability to be a team player
- An entrepreneurial spirit, embracing the opportunity for creativity and hard work inherent in a start-up
- Ability to diagnose partner needs through exceptional problem solving abilities
- Poised under pressure
- A strong sense of ownership (takes personal responsibility for meeting objectives) and timeliness
- Ability to comfortably navigate new technologies (e.g., Generation App, changes to data tool)
- Data-driven approach in presenting/influencing and informing decisions
- A passion for working with disadvantaged young adults (ages 18-29), and an interest in leading a community-based coalition across multiple local organizations
- A passion for supporting economic and community development in the DMV area
- Managed client accounts within a nonprofit preferred
Generation is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
“In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.”
Minimum Education Required