Details: Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
51 Saint Edwards Street
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. Community Roots students will meet or exceed the New York State standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At Community Roots students learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which leads to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be. Community Roots currently has 400 students in grades K-8.
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Community Roots Charter School’s fundraising including, the annual fund, annual and special events, foundation and corporate support, and instituting a major gifts program. The Director of Development works closely with the school directors and the Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission and philosophy of Community Roots Charter School
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising best practices and strategies, particularly major gift fundraising.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening and collaboration ability.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in professional fundraising.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising initiatives.
- Manage the marathon team and other P2P fundraising initiatives.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters, both toured at the school and offsite, on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Plan, Coordinate and execute fundraising special events.
- Oversee prospect research.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Supervise and collaborate with the Board of Directors on fundraising activities.
- Manage and execute operational needs of the Board of Directors including scheduling, reporting, communications and recruitment.
- Oversee creation of the annual newsletter and other publications to support fundraising activities.
- Maintain stewardship and gift recognition programs.
- Work closely with school Directors and Board of Directors.
- Manage and execute all Development Committee meetings.
- Attend all board meetings.
- Oversee parent fundraising group, Friends of Community Roots (FoCR), on fundraising initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
Email resume and cover letter to Megan Hildebrand at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Director of Development.
Community Roots Charter School is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Minimum Education Required