2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Volunteer & Community Engagement Coordinator at our Main Office location. Under the supervision of the Director of Community Engagement, the Volunteer & Engagement Coordinator will engage and steward groups of volunteers and drive hosts, manage and sustain in-kind items, and serve as a consistent, mission-focused and professional ambassador for YouthCare.
Successful candidates will have:
- 2 or more years of development, volunteer management, event planning, or public relations experience.
- Strong organizational and prioritizing skills and the ability to meet deadlines; impeccable follow-through and multi-task management.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while remaining focused on the experiences of our volunteers and the needs of the young people we serve.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strength in logistical planning, information management, and systems efficiency.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a strong and experienced team.
- Ability to ask questions and clarify tasks and goals of projects.
- Ability to work effectively and maintain positive relationships with internal staff members and external constituents.
- Ability to effectively represent YouthCare in the community with a professional appearance and manner.
- Ability to remain flexible and problem solve independently while encouraging volunteers.
- Ability to set appropriate boundaries and navigate changes to a volunteer project or goal successfully.
- Truly enjoys working with teams and is an energetic, self-described “people person.”
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Volunteer & Community Engagement Coordinator