This position is the first point of contact for all donor and non-donor inquiries at SPLC so courtesy and professionalism are tantamount. Under general supervision, receives, screens, and answers correspondence. Ensures highest customer service to SPLC’s donors with high quality customer service.
Primary Job Functions:
- Provides friendly and courteous customer service to SPLC’s donors and non-donors;
- Responds in a timely manner to donor and non-donor inquiries about SPLC received through mail, phone, web forms and email;
- Maintains and updates donor demographic and gift records using a sophisticated database system;
- Works closely with the Systems Auditor Supervisor to ensure donor record demographics are accurate;
- Provides a warm, friendly, and positive experience for all donor interactions;
- Fulfills requests for SPLC materials;
- Generates tax receipts and acknowledgements on demand for all donors who request them;
- Utilizes organizational systems to triage and prioritize all correspondence;
- Uses good judgment to escalate urgent inquiries to management as required;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Related Work Experience:
- College degree preferred;
- 3 years of direct customer service / office administration experience required.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong telephone and written correspondence skills;
- Basic bookkeeping knowledge;
- Must stay up-to-date on all SPLC programs and processes to be able to provide accurate information to donors;
- Excellent computer skills; must be highly proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs;
- Ability to communicate well with others;
- Must be a self-starter who is able to establish priorities and meet deadlines;
- Detail and process oriented;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Must be able to react to change productively;
- Must be a team player.
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, gender identity, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, national origin, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
Minimum Education Required