Details: $50,000+ depending on experience.
185 West Broadway
Safe Passage Project is a non-profit organization providing free legal services to children in New York threatened with deportation. No child should face immigration court alone. Legal services are provided either by one of our staff attorneys or by pro bono lawyers that we train and mentor. We frequently help children in Immigration Court, Family Court, the Asylum Office, USCIS, and in appeals. We seek fair, compassionate, and equal treatment of all immigrant children.
We were founded in 2013 and are based in Tribeca, minutes away from the New York Immigration Court, with a satellite office in Long Island. We serve over 700 clients with 12 staff attorneys, 3 paralegals, 2 social workers, and over 400 pro bono lawyers. We are an energetic, passionate, and hard-working team.
The Development and Communications Associate will be responsible for managing our grant deliverables, organizing fundraising campaigns and events, researching fundraising opportunities, and developing and maintaining communication and fundraising materials. The Development and Communications Associate will join a small team of support staff, collaborate closely with internal staff, and report directly to our Executive Director, Rich Leimsider. The Development and Communications Associate will be based in our Tribeca office. The position is full-time and eligible for Safe Passage Project benefits.
- Maintain a calendar of grant deliverables;
- Ensure timely submission of all grant deliverables and proposals;
- Write and review grant reports and proposals - collaborating closely with internal staff to obtain information;
- Assist in assuring internal compliance with grant agreements - including metrics of success;
- Build and maintain effective relationships with grant contacts, stakeholders and funders;
- Research grant and fundraising opportunities;
- Design and update fundraising and marketing materials, such as brochures, one-pagers and presentations;
- Organize small to medium-sized fundraising events;
- Develop and maintain website and social media content;
- Create and manage online and email-based fundraising campaigns;
- Maintain fundraising data in Salesforce.
Qualifications and Requirements
- 2 or more years’ experience in a high-performing fundraising environment;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills - including the ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals and reports;
- Excellent interpersonal skills - including the ability to interact with stakeholders and funders with different backgrounds, levels of seniority, etcetera;
- Detail oriented with an eye for design;
- Experience managing and manipulating fundraising data in Excel and Salesforce;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Adobe Suite.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively on an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Must be ready to grow and learn with the Safe Passage Project team.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Safe Passage Project is an equal opportunity employer and strongly values a diverse work environment. Women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Safe Passage Project invites all applicants to include in their cover letter a statement about how their unique background and/or experiences might contribute to the diversity, cultural vitality, and perspective of our staff and practice.
All interested applicants must email a cover letter, resume, and two to three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Please use the subject line “Development and Communications Associate” in your email.