NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and gives businesses the opportunity to shape America’s future workforce by transforming the learning environment to include STEM infused industry-specific curricula and work-based learning experiences, including internships.
Since 1980, NAF has been partnering with high-need communities to improve outcomes for students by implementing NAF academies – small learning communities within existing high schools. NAF has grown from one NAF Academy of Finance in New York City to hundreds of academies across the country focusing on growing industries including: finance, hospitality & tourism, information technology, engineering, and health sciences. During the 2020-2021 school year, over 117,000 students attended 619 NAF academies across 37 states, plus DC, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. In 2020, NAF academies reported 99% of seniors graduated with 87% of graduates planning to go to college.
The Managing Director spearheads the organization’s efforts in elevating district/academy program implementation by ensuring highest fidelity to all elements of the NAF Educational Design with focus on quality and impact. The Managing Director is tasked with managing a portfolio of key districts in geographic areas of the network deemed to be at the highest levels of readiness to engage. A critical component in this process is to assist districts in developing meaningful relationships with a wide array of community partners including, corporate, civic, post-secondary, and other organizations critical to the successful attainment of NAFTrack Certification for all students.
In this position, the Managing Director will drive progress towards scoping, planning, and delivering on NAF’s most critical initiatives, inclusive of NAFTrack Certification, WBL and Advisory Board Development. This role partners with internal/external stakeholders on building business cases and requirements and works with cross-functional teams and outside entities to both manage and execute on projects relevant for ensuring alignment, clarity of plans, progress, and realization of goals/objectives. Project metrics will be used to facilitate stop/start/continue discussions as well as communicate overall project status/health as required.
This position is strategic in nature with the Managing Director emerging as a leader in the high school reform efforts, identifying and nurturing relationships with other organizations with similar missions. This role also potentially supervises a team of portfolio managers who serve as the main representatives of NAF for academies. In addition to supervising the portfolio managers, this position has oversight of its own portfolio of districts and academies in key areas.
Office location can be based in New York City or from a home office within the continental United States. Travel required locally, regionally and nationally – approximately 70% under usual circumstances; currently limited due to COVID.
Relationship Management (50%)
· Serve as a liaison between NAF, district, community and employer partners providing exemplary customer service as well as facilitating internal cross functional communication towards seamless integration of the division’s goals and objectives.
· Work internally and with NAF partners toward increased capacity within districts to maximize NAFTrack Certification attainment for all students
· Develop and provide training to partners and academies; serve as a spokesperson for NAF at events
Strategic Development: QUALITY (20%)
· Implement strategies to maximize districts’ fidelity; ensure metrics are informing decisions
· Closely monitor progress on portfolios; manage program/project schedules; identify possible issues and clearly communicate status to project stakeholders
· Continue to strengthen assigned districts’ relationships with present and potential partners
· Provide leadership to develop and manage communications and media opportunities; support fund development opportunities.
· Ensure integration of professional learning and technical support structures
In alignment with NAF goals and priorities.
· Develop, recommend and execute strategies for increasing the net number/quality of districts and academies.
· Define and develop partnerships, relationships and strategies and provide oversight that result in deeper engagement and expansion of student population impacted in priority districts and states.
· Drive the execution of comprehensive contracts with educational and policy leaders that implement and sustain NAF’s presence across a wide-ranging body of students.
· Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring, guidance, inspiration, support and accountability to team members to promote successful management of their assigned portfolios.
· Prepare, monitor and review budgets and reports as assigned, including expense reports.
· Assist other areas to develop support and funding for the academy model.
· Master’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Past/present licenses/certification pertinent to role working in high school settings a plus.
10 years’ experience working in positions in or related to the field of education. Equivalent business, government or non-profit experience will be considered.
· Commitment to the NAF mission, vision, and core values.
· Knowledge of current and historical issues influencing school reform work.
· Demonstrated ability to drive results and outcomes through others.
· Ability to identify new channels for engagement, seize opportunities, and close deals.
· Confidence, presence, and professionalism to deliver effective presentations and collaborate effectively with all stakeholders.
· Problem solving, Program/Project management and multitasking skills., including ability to work at a high speed without sacrificing quality or collaboration.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bilingual Spanish/English written and spoken proficiency is desirable, but not required.
Interested applicants may send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the position title, your first name and last name in the subject line.
NAF is a national network of education, business, and community leaders who work together to ensure high school students are college, career, and future ready. NAF’s educational design ignites students’ passion for learning and…