232 East 84th Street
The Doe Fund is a nationally acclaimed nonprofit organization which provides economic opportunity, transitional and supportive housing, and comprehensive social services to underserved populations including the formerly homeless and incarcerated, disconnected youth, veterans, and people living with AIDS.
Its flagship transitional work program-- Ready, Willing & Able-- integrates paid work, occupational training, and holistic supportive services to facilitate an individual’s return to mainstream society.
The Doe Fund has an annual operating budget of $55 million and a full-time staff of 400.
We are currently seeking a Grant Writer who will write grant proposals to foundations and corporations. Reporting directly to the Manager of Corporate and Foundation Giving, this individual will persuasively communicate the company's mission and programs to potential funders, as well as support stewardship and cultivation efforts of both current funders and new prospects.
- Develop grant proposals for foundations and corporations, persuasively communicating the company's mission and programs to potential funders
- Support the Manager of Corporate and Foundation Giving in the development and implementation of an annual development plan to cultivate and solicit support from foundations and corporations
- Communicate by email, phone and letter with potential funders, including but not limited to: responding to requests for information, submitting official letters of inquiry, and thanking funders for grants
- Conduct prospect research for potential corporate and foundation funders, as well as for individual prospects depending on departmental need and availability of other staff
- Prepare reports to corporate and foundation funders as required
- Represent the organization and serve as spokesperson at site visits, when applicable
- Maintain records for renewals, prospects, and related special projects for a diverse portfolio of philanthropic partners
- At least a Bachelors degree; Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in foundation and corporate fundraising
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Ability to articulate outcomes and interpret and present program and financial information
- Knowledge of Raisers Edge and Foundation Center databases
- Proficiency Word, Excel and Google Docs
- Commitment to The Doe Fund’s mission of serving homeless and formerly incarcerated individuals
The Doe Fund is a fast paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits including: medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=thedoefund&jobId=205181&lang=en_US&source=CC3
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply