Contribute to the success of San Francisco Design Week and other exciting programs hosted by AIGA SF for the creative community in San Francisco by working for the leading design organization in the Bay area! We are seeking an extremely organized candidate who is able to work independently with minimal supervisions to directly support the Executive Director in day-to-day operations and administrative duties.
- Screening calls and emails, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, meeting and event arrangements, member relations, preparing reports and project budgets, filing paperwork, running errands and supporting the staff with needs as they arise.
The position requires the ability to work in a fast paced environment, strong internet research skills in order to quickly find solutions, flexibility with schedule (some evenings) and excellent interpersonal skills. The ability to stay organized in a work environment where tasks may change from day to day as well as be able work well with all levels of our affiliates, members, volunteers and vendors. Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
Responsibilities + Requirements
- 50% Calendar management, meeting arrangements, responding to enquiries via email and phone
- 40% Admin tasks: running errands, placing orders, filing, etc
- 10% Financial and attendee report production; creating, sending, and reporting on surveys
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required
- Must be extremely organized in a fast-paced environment, attention to details is paramount
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Google Drive applications, Mac OS and Eventbrite. The ability to learn new software.
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task and manage time well, self-starter with a proactive attitude who can anticipate needs of the Executive Director and staff
Preferred Skills (not required)
- Data management
- Basic html knowledge, Eventbrite, Wordpress data entry or a desire to learn
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite for image manipulation, and editing existing files
- Ability to write event descriptions or content for marketing materials
- Graphic Design
- Flexible working hours
- Possibility of working remotely
- Paid time off / vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required