601 South Figueroa Street
ABOUT ALLIANCE COLLEGE-READY PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools is the largest nonprofit charter school organization in Los Angeles, serving nearly 13,000 low-income scholars across 25 free public middle and high schools on 28 campuses. In our 14th school year, Alliance has a proven record of success: though our scholars come to Alliance on average four grade-levels behind in reading, 95% of Alliance graduates have been accepted to college—including 77% to a four-year university in 2017. We strive to truly change the life trajectories of our scholars and communities, with a goal of 75% of Alliance graduates completing a four-year college degree. We also value our people, illustrated by being in the top 10% of Gallup’s global Best Place to Work survey.
Join us at Alliance and you can expect to be part of an innovative organization made up of talented people from diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want strong collaborators, skilled communicators, and avid problem solvers who are comfortable in a culture of continuous learning and who are excited to implement fresh ideas and unique solutions in service of our scholars and families. Now is the time to join us and make long-lasting change across Los Angeles.
Reporting to the Director of School Staffing, the School Staffing Manager plays an integral role in achieving Alliance’s mission and goals through excellent customer service and staffing support to a portfolio of schools and Home Office departments. He or she, along with a School Staffing Associate, will perform individualized, site-specific duties in the recruitment, selection, and processing of candidates for school positions. This position offers the opportunity to have a profound impact on teacher quality and student achievement at Alliance.
Direct Staffing Support: Support a portfolio of schools with their staffing needs and become a trusted advisor on staffing best practices.
- Build relationships with school leaders to learn the specific needs of each school.
- Identify vacancies and refer potential candidates based on the school’s unique needs.
- Track and document referral and vacancy data, and follow up with hiring managers to ensure a timely hiring process and that all vacancies are filled in a timely manner.
- Meet with school leaders to discuss school rosters, talent effectiveness and retention, and vacancy management.
- Consult with school leaders to develop school recruitment plans, competency-based selection models, effective interview techniques, and onboarding and orientation plans for new hires.
- Provide logistical and compliance support to school leaders on deadlines and key dates, federal and state policies, and requirements established by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Build relationships and maintain communication with Instructional Superintendents to advocate for processes that improve hiring the best talent for school site positions.
Staffing Operations and Data Management: Recruit and hire top-notch talent committed to Alliance’s mission of social justice and equity, and who are highly skilled in moving all students to high levels of academic growth.
- Ensure day-to-day operations are in service of providing top-notch customer service to all stakeholders and use data to inform planning and implementation of staffing operations and strategies.
- Collect and analyze data to measure progress toward staffing goals; maintain the teacher applicant database.
- Provide outstanding customer service in a timely manner; respond to school leader/hiring manger needs and concerns, address candidate communications, and advise candidates on position requirements.
- Ensure effective, timely new hire processing and onboarding, from time of offer to start date.
- Collect and analyze results of selection/hiring to assess impact and ensure compliance.
- Determine and analyze recruitment needs based on workforce analyses and staffing goals to develop data-informed recruitment plans (e.g. local, in-person versus online recruitment opportunities).
- Conduct recruitment activities at education institutions, recruitment fairs, professional conferences, and other venues (some travel may be required).
- Lead the planning of hiring/interview events, orientations, and training sessions.
- Additional related projects and duties as necessary and assigned.
THE STRONGEST CANDIDATES WILL HAVE/BE:
- Commitment to Alliance’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Knowledge of urban school environments and school culture
- Ability to form strong professional relationships with school administrators and other partners
- Experience in a goal-driven, professional setting and strong track record of meeting/exceeding goals
- High degree of cultural awareness and competency in cross-cultural practice
- Excellent data analysis skills and experience synthesizing data to drive action steps
- Superb computer skills, including Microsoft Office and Google-based applications
- Outstanding organizational and event planning skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced and achievement-oriented environment
- Ability to identify challenges and proactively work to find solutions
- Flexible, “can do” work ethic with a focus on what can be delivered instead of what cannot be done
- Willingness to go above and beyond to contribute to the success of a dynamic team committed to a new future for urban education
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- At least five (5) years of verifiable experience in a school district, educational non-profit or other K-12 setting; or four (4) years’ experience as a teacher within an urban setting; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, as well as an employer-sponsored 403b plan annual contribution equal to 5% of regular earnings, and comprehensive health benefits packages, including dental and vision. Alliance covers 100% monthly premiums for individual employees or up to $900/month toward family plan premiums.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter at www.laalliance.org/careers. Please note that only candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools are free public charter schools which do not discriminate against any student, parent, community member, or employee on the basis of actual or perceived ancestry, age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics