The Learning and Development Program Manager will serve as the staff lead for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating a wide variety of online and in-person programs. This position also manages the Digital Learning Associate to develop educational technologies to enhance learning effectiveness, experience, and reach. This role must identify learning needs and create clear, actionable plans that promote greater community engagement and demonstrate the full value of the learning portfolio.
Learning & Curriculum Design
- Responsible for effectively planning, creating, and implementing key year-round virtual programs, including identifying speakers, instructional strategies, and evaluation metrics to meet program outcomes.
- Schedule and coordinate programs and workshops, including speaker contracts and program logistics, schedules, instructional materials, and equipment.
- Manages and implement grant-funded programs that meet program goals and outcomes.
- Apply adult learning theories, effective learning design (using the ADDIE model or similar instructional design methodologies), and technology practices for in-person and online programs.
- Analyze program data gathered from evaluations and assessments to improve outcomes and enhance user experience.
- Communicate with stakeholders to ensure requirements are met and projects are on schedule.
- Design and develop training and support content for various delivery platforms, including but not limited to instructor-led webinars, and online self-paced courses and training.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs by designing and executing evaluation plans with concrete measurable outcomes.
- Provide technical support for and oversight of systems, processes and platforms used to manage hybrid, virtual and in-person training events and conferences.
- Implement digital instructional technologies to increase accessibility.
- Act as the staff liaison with identified committees; collaborating to reach identified goals.
- Follow the IACET standard for content offering CEUs and assist with the reaccreditation process.
- Manage new learning technologies and enhancements.
- Develop promotional and marketing materials for programs and products.
- Assist with email and social media content to bring awareness to programs.
- Undertake other duties as assigned and take the initiative to further the learning and development department's overall success.
- Manage new and existing projects related to learning and development.
- Partner effectively with stakeholders (internal staff, members, and partners) to identify project goals, timelines, and criteria for the success of programs.
- Review current vendor status, achievements, and competitive pricing to make recommendations for future relationships.
- Explores market trends, solutions, and technologies that can be leveraged to maximize resources utilization.
Qualifications and Characteristics:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5-7 years’ experience with program development, design, and web-based education required. Association experience, particularly in program development is preferred.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to successfully plan, prioritize, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently, but also contribute to a collaborative team environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset that supports the ability to lead in new and ambiguous situations.
- Experience using productivity tools and project management software, and processes used to track program development.
- Experience in administering continuing education units (CEU) and curriculum design.
- Must be solution-oriented, resourceful, and proactive with a strong sense of ownership.
- Well-versed in the latest trends in eLearning, instructional design, and competency modeling.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Provide excellent customer service to staff, members, non-members, organizations, etc.
- Technically savvy and open to learning new technologies.
- Advanced user of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel (VLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables, etc.) is required.
- Advanced experience administering learning management systems and WordPress sites.
- Strong skills using web conferencing and authoring technologies (Articulate 360 - Storyline). Ability to troubleshoot SCORM files and SCORM delivery mechanisms.
- Experienced in conducting virtual training sessions.
- Strong computer skills, literate in new media, and experience integrating information and data from several applications.