131 West 25th Street
BRC is among the most comprehensive, effective, and fastest growing agencies in NYC serving homeless New Yorkers. With a $77 million budget and over 800 employees, BRC has 27 programs throughout the New York City area that work together to form a seamless continuum of caring and effective services to meet all of a client's needs. We employ a holistic approach, helping clients achieve health, wellness, and economic self-sufficiency, offering an array of housing and services for more than 10,000 of New York's neediest residents. BRC has an entrepreneurial culture with a track record of innovation. BRC is highly successful and has been recognized for it, most recently as a winner of the NY Community Trust's Nonprofit Excellence Award and as a national finalist for the Drucker Prize for innovative management. Staff at BRC works together collaboratively to address some of the greatest social challenges of our City and does so using a compassionate and respectful approach. In our most recent survey, 95% of our employees said they would recommend BRC as a good place to work. For more information about BRC, please see our website at www.brc.org.
POSITION: Vice President Contracts, Budgets & Procurement
HOURS: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Monday Friday, 9:00am 5:30pm
Reporting to the Executive Vice President/CFO, the primary responsibility of the VP of Contracts is to
ensure that BRC meets the fiscal, programmatic and administrative requirements of its contracts with the federal,
state and local governments as well as with corporate, foundation and other grants awarded to BRC and to manage, monitor and evaluate all budgets associated with those contracts. She/He will also be responsible for managing the Procurement Department and specifically, the VP of Contracts will:
- Facilitate the development and submission of reports in accordance with grantor guidelines, i.e., grant renewals, technical submissions, Annual Progress Reports, annual reviews, etc
- Prepare requests for payment from funding sources and drawdown of funds
- Coordinate with program accountants in performance of budget monitoring, report submissions, etc
- Advise and monitor fiscal and regulatory aspects of grants and contracts related to BRC's programmatic initiatives, including review of internal budget modifications
- Ensure expenses are properly allocated to contracts as per agreements and that they are properly coded to the GL
- Interface with senior management and program directors, and assist in the development and/or provision of contract management related trainings to facilitate staff development and increase compliance
- Maintain control of all original contracts with federal, state and local governments and other agencies
- Assist with the preparation of proposals in response to RFPs and other funding opportunities
- Prepare and analyze monthly budget to actual reports and review with CFO and COO
- Prepare agency annual budget
- Oversees procurement services
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required, Masters preferred.
- Experience with government contract administration, reporting and budgeting required.
- Experience with Department of Homeless Services (DHS) contracts preferred.
- Experience preparing complex nonprofit budget reports and analysis
- Experience with procurement services for non profit organizations
- Excellent organization and communication skills are critical to success in this position.
Minimum Education Required