755 Ocean Avenue
Lick-Wilmerding High School seeks an Institutional Researcher to conduct research and evaluation studies as directed by the Head of School. The research is aimed to assess the effectiveness and efficiency of particular programs, school policies, and mission attainment. Additionally, the Institutional Researcher will provide technical assistance for survey design, sampling (by conducting quality assurance on data collection activities in the field), and creation of presentations. The Institutional Researcher collaborates with administration, students, faculty, staff, and other members of the greater education community in order to provide data that leads to informed decision making by the institution.
1. Internal Research
- Collaborate in the design of benchmarks and metrics to measure program and institutional progress
- Aid in the collection of data
- Conduct data analysis and help to interpret results
- Create visuals for presentations
- Report results to appropriate community groups
- Coordinate the timing of data collection with the Director of Communications.
- Present at local and national conferences and partner with other institutional researchers to promote best practices for research in independent schools.
2. Database Management
- Coordinate the consolidation of necessary data subsets from internal databases that are appropriate for analysis
- Facilitate dynamic data analysis
3. Technical Assistance for Studies
- Design and edit surveys, as well as other research instruments
- Research current trends and tools in data analysis, independent school and educational research
4. Program Evaluation
- Create logic models/theory of change models for program analysis
- Design studies to test theory of change models
- Collaborate with program designers and participants to create feedback loops
- Create samples of data-based inquiry protocols to model using data to inform and drive decision-making
- Review trends at LWHS and develop formulas to allow for ongoing longitudinal data analysis.
- Provide staff development pertaining to how to use data in decision-making.
- Translate raw data into easily accessible data visualizations to increase the ease of data interpretation.
- Present study results to the Board of Trustees and other community groups.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Analytical and technical skills necessary to execute each phase of an analysis including an advanced understanding of program, basic methodological design skills, and solid data analysis skills using technology.
- An understanding of relational databases, as well as knowledge of one or more of the following statistical programs: SPSS, R, STATA, SAS, SQL.
- Ability to collaborate with community members who have a wide range of analytic skills.
- A demonstrated commitment to the school’s mission and values.
- A bachelor's degree and work experience that speaks directly to the job description.
- Teaching experience and experience using data to inform pedagogical practice.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated analytical, strategic, and problem solving ability.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Personal qualities of integrity, resilience, approachability, kindness, and humor.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit lwhs.org/employment to apply for the position. Be sure to include—all in PDF format—a cover letter specifically addressing the following prompt, along with a resume, and contact information for five references. No calls or emails please.
Please address the following questions in your cover letter:
- How has your experience prepared you for the role of Institutional Researcher as described in the job description?
- How do your interests and experience align with the LWHS mission.