Details: Commensurate with experience, includes full benefits package.
209 West Houston Street
Film Forum, an acclaimed, recently expanded and renovated nonprofit cinema located in lower Manhattan, seeks a dynamic, detail-oriented full-time publicist to spearhead repertory publicity and provide support for premieres openings. Reports to the Director of Communications. Provides self-starting, motivated candidates an opportunity to grow within the organization.
The publicist will lead all repertory publicity initiatives, in coordination with repertory programming staff, including:
- Researching materials for, proofing, and helping to produce quarterly repertory calendar.
- Writing & researching press releases for repertory programming and for Film Forum Jr.
- Strategizing campaigns around long runs and festivals, and pitching/following up on feature stories, reviews and interviews to print, broadcast, and online outlets.
- Liaising with distributors and talent.
- Managing/regularly updating all promotional content on repertory sections of the Film Forum web site and weekly e-mail blasts.
- Researching/creating press kits when not provided by distributors.
- Managing all social media for repertory screen (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
- Assisting in after-hours special events produced by the repertory department.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Coordinating/running talent press schedules.
- Scheduling and covering press screenings.
- Supervising lobby display/gathering materials.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in film publicity in NYC
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills required
- Solid knowledge of film history
- Excellent communication skills
- Pro-active, collaborative, and detail-oriented
- Strong visual sense
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email resume, cover letter, two writing samples (press releases or other publicity materials) and three references to email@example.com.