410 NE 18th Ave
TITLE: Energy Assistance Program Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Family Stability Program Manager
COMPENSATION: $32,300-$40,700 Annually or $15.53-$19.57 Hourly 1.0 FTE Non-Exempt
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Latino Network’s mission is to provide transformative opportunities, services and advocacy for the education, leadership and civic engagement of our youth, families, and communities. Our work springs from the core belief in Latino community self-determination—that is, the ability of community members to participate meaningfully in the decisions that affect their lives and the lives of their families. We build and manage collaborative and energetic teams to implement high quality, culturally inclusive programs. We actively partner across a variety of city, county, state and community organizations to deliver training and support, a wide range of services, as well as influence policy.
Latino Network seeks a bilingual, bi-cultural mission-driven professional with proven nonprofit and community experience to provide case management and emergency energy assistance funds to income eligible youth, families and seniors in Multnomah County. As part of a dedicated team working toward a shared vision, the Energy Assistance Program Coordinator is interested in working with clients and service providers to assist families in need of energy assistance. This is a roll-up-your-sleeves position with the capacity to impact the lives of Latino youth and their families. If you are caring, resourceful, outcome-orientated and able to build strong relationships, then Latino Network is the place for you.
Through a unique city-county-school-nonprofit partnership, Latino Network operates as a sub-contractor of El Programa Hispano Católica (EPHC) to administer the Multnomah Stability Initiative (MSI) energy assistance program within the SUN Service System (SUN). The energy assistance program provides culturally specific support and assistance to historically underserved people. This position consistent contact with clients, regular communication with Multnomah County, EPHC, and SUN staff and collaboration with partner organizations, schools, local government, and the community. Excellent follow through, attention to detail, professional writing skills excellent communication through one on one meetings, phone, and email is required. The Energy Assistance Program Coordinator must have experience working with Latino youth and families and be able to communicate clearly and fluently in both English and Spanish.
Latino Network is a fast-paced, highly engaged work environment with satellite operations within Multnomah County. We strive to communicate effectively and respectfully within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities and cultural backgrounds. We actively seek opportunities for professional development for our staff and promote a willingness to change for continual improvement.
Latino Network provides a generous benefits package that includes 15 days of paid vacation, 12 days of paid sick leave, 10 paid holidays, employer-paid health coverage, 401K, and Life Insurance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify eligibility of clients based on source funding guidelines
- Work with Family Stability Program Coordinators to maintain a detailed case file for each client.
- Work with clients and Family Stability Program Coordinators to form a comprehensive service plan and regularly update this plan to reflect any changes in services accessed or needed
- Utilize Assertive Engagement to help clients gain access to energy assistance and other supportive services
- Attend all case staffing trainings and meetings, staff meetings, and follow-up services and referrals to clients to help ensure their continued stability
- Work closely with SUN staff, service providers, partner organizations and local jurisdictions
- Data entry into Multnomah County and Latino Network case management software
- Prepare and provide reports detailing progress of clients as requested by Family Stability Manager
- Properly document and submit all program expenditures in a timely manner
- Adherence to all Latino Network policies and procedures
- Perform any additional duties and directed by the Program Manager and or Director
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EDUCATION, AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in social science or three years of directly relevant experience conducting case management or energy assistance may be considered
- Knowledge culturally based worldview, adaptive reasoning, and problem-solving practices of Latino individuals, families, and community living in urban neighborhoods impacted by crime, poverty, and racial inequity
- Knowledge of Assertive Engagement and trauma-informed care preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Spanish and English (including public speaking)
- Computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of Service Point and Efforts to Outcomes software preferred
- Knowledge of and experience in navigating social service and government agencies
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with partner agencies, institutions, clients, and local jurisdictions
- Ability to employ critical thinking, good judgment and maintain confidentiality of client information
- Proven ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to meet goals and deadlines effectively
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, and as a collaborative team member
- Commitment to personal and professional development
- Ability to work in crisis situations and under pressure and meet deadlines
ADDITIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Regularly work in the office and in the community as needed
- Evening and weekend availability may be required, and work hours are flexible to accommodate program implementation; long hours during peak periods
- Reliable car, driver’s license, and automobile liability insurance; must be eligible to be an insured driver under Latino Network’s Commercial Auto Liability
- May work in the community including client homes, schools, churches, parks, community centers, etc
- Undergoing and passing criminal background check is required
Submit your application, resume and cover letter at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/53478/Latino-Network/Energy-Assistance-Program-Coordinator
Latino Network is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter