Details: Salary Commensurate with Experience
1400 16th Street NW
Membership Support Specialist
Would you like to provide critical operations support for entrepreneurial association managers who are passionate about helping their members build affordable housing and provide financing so that seniors can comfortably enjoy their golden years? Are you detail oriented and always striving to improve processes that will provide a better customer experience and improve efficiency? Would you like to work in an office that recognizes the value you add to the team?
Then you may be just who we’re looking for! Dworbell, Inc., manages three national trade associations which focus on affordable housing, retirement finance and aging issues. Our small, yet impactful, company has successfully been in business for decades. Our office is in Dupont Circle, just a short walk from the Metro station.
- Process and maintain transactions including applications, renewals and cancellations for membership, publications, sponsorships, advertising and professional designations using the association management database (Association Anywhere)
- Help grow the membership base by cultivating relationships with prospective and current members and following up with lapsed members
- Develop reports to management regarding trends that will drive web content, enrollment forms, continuing education and other enhancements
- Recommend improvements that will make it easier for prospects, members, advertisers and sponsors to use our resources
- Distribute member communications, in collaboration with marketing and communications colleagues, to promote events and other benefits
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable work experience
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in a customer service role at an association or non-profit organization
- Demonstrated skill in organizing high volume and detailed data. Must have a strong ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and drive interdepartmental projects forward
- Ability to recommend, adapt and thrive with change
- Experience with adapting to/learning/mastering new software programs
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, with particular focus on Excel
- Proven ability to thrive in a team environment; shared services experience a plus
Sound like you? Then let’s chat more! We’ll be happy to tell you more about our culture, our client associations and the benefits & perks of working with us.
100% of Employee Medical coverage, generous 401(k) and profit sharing and a casual and collaborative environment.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required