Rosie's Place, a sanctuary for poor and homeless women, offers emergency and long-term assistance to women who have nowhere else to turn. Founded in 1974, Rosie’s Place welcomes each guest with respect and unconditional love. Rosie’s Place accepts no government funds, and relies instead on committed volunteers and private supporters to accomplish its effective and innovative work.
WHAT YOU'LL GET TO DO
The key responsibilities of this position include:
Systems, Administration and Compliance
- Manage the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and the development and maintenance of any additional human resources systems that meet the organization’s needs.
- Ensure that Rosie’s Place maintains compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; ensuring adherence to requirements; providing advice to the Chief Strategy Officer on needed actions, and leading/assisting in implementation of changes as needed.
- Monitor and track health data as needed regarding COVID-19 including but not limited collecting and tracking vaccine records and monthly testing results.
- Ensure the Employee Handbook is up-to-date, reflecting current practices, laws, and regulations.
- Partner with the Finance and Administration team on employee benefit program design and selection for all staff. Support annual Open Enrollment process.
- Partner with department leaders across the agency to ensure shared best practices in our cross-functional approach and work.
- Fulfill responsibilities as a member of the Management Team, including participation at appropriate meetings and demonstrating top leadership to all of Rosie’s Place.
- Formulate and recommend personnel policies, procedures and objectives for the organization to the senior management team.
- Determine and recommend employee engagement practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of staff engagement.
- Create systems to collect and review staff feedback and conduct internal reviews to ensure organizational learning and improvement.
- Work with staff and managers to help foster an environment that welcomes diversity, equity, belonging, and inclusion.
- Coordinate management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, performance management, safety, sexual harassment, and other relevant programs.
Performance Management & Compensation
- Lead the development, implementation, and maintenance of Rosie’s Place performance management system, including staff and manager training and coaching, and quality checks.
- Provide coaching and guidance to managers regarding personnel management issues, including performance management, and training. Oversee and provide assistance with performance reviews, performance improvement plans, and job descriptions.
- In partnership with the Chief Strategy Officer, establish wage and salary structure and pay policies. Administer compensation program and monitor fair pay practices across the organization.
Hiring, Retention & Succession Planning
- Establish effective on-boarding and off-boarding policies and practices. Ensures consistent implementation and follow through.
- Lead hiring and managing of the HR department and team
- Support employees dealing with personnel challenges, whether that be with their supervisor, peers, or direct reports.
- Review and support managers through the consideration of employment terminations, performance improvement plans, and make recommendations to leadership.
- Support the development of backend recruitment and applicant tracking systems.
- Support the communication of updates and changes to talent acquisition systems and processes to the organization
- Ensure managers are supported in developing job descriptions, recruiting, interviewing, and hiring, with a specific emphasis on thoughtful sourcing strategies to build diverse candidate pools, talent pipelines, and partnerships.
- Set recruitment and hiring strategy, and work with internal teams and hiring managers to assist with recruitment efforts and ensure successful execution of our hiring process.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
There are innumerable ways to learn, grow and excel professionally. We know people gain skills through a variety of professional, personal, educational, and volunteer experiences. We respect this when we review applications and take a broad look at the experience of each applicant. We want to get to know you and the unique strengths you will bring to the work. This said, we are most likely to be interested in your candidacy if you can demonstrate the majority of the qualifications and experiences listed below.
- Deep commitment to Rosie’s Place mission to provide a safe and nurturing environment that helps poor and homeless women maintain their dignity, seek opportunity and find security in their lives.
- Effective interpersonal and creative problem-solving skills; proven track record for working well across teams.
- Enjoy doing whatever it takes to execute on complex projects and describe yourself as a self-starter.
- Experience in project management, taking ideas from conception to launch in fast moving work environments.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills/ emotional intelligence, with the ability to manage relationships with a diverse set of colleagues.
- A successful track record in setting priorities, managing relationships and ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders/partners.
- Experience managing human resources and general operations administrative functions.
- Demonstrated ability to develop high-quality relationships, understand the needs of managers and identify the effective solutions.
- Impeccable ethics and judgment in maintaining highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Proactive and solutions-oriented with experience working in ambiguity.
- Proficiency using systems, tools, and processes including comfort with Microsoft Office, and HRIS.
- Experience with human services and SHRM/certification preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
The salary range for this role is $90,000-$110,000 and is commensurate with experience. We’ll promote your professional growth and development by providing access to a benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan, pension contributions, paid vacation, and more.
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT ROSIE’S PLACE
We are a hands-on team and seek employees who are passionate about our work and service to our community. We continue to adapt to safety protocols related to COVID-19 as we understand them. We require all employees to receive the COVID vaccine. For the safety of the community, Rosie’s Place employees are expected to obtain COVID tests if they have symptoms or have traveled by plane. Masks are required to be worn on all properties at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to promptly submit their application through the online portal. All applicants will receive a response to their application within two weeks of submission.
Rosie’s Place is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, sexual orientation or gender identity. Rosie’s Place strongly encourages people of color, people with disabilities and homeless/formerly homeless people to apply.