575 Eighth Avenue
Founded in 1975, Urban Pathways provides homeless New Yorkers with the services and assistance necessary to become stable develop their ability to live independently and move into housing, ultimately benefiting from the pride and security that comes with having a home.
As a data-driven and innovative leader, Urban Pathways ensures that homeless and at-risk New Yorkers have the housing, services and support they need to be self-sufficient.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Deputy Executive Director provides leadership to promote and maintain quality programs and facilities that are supported by qualified staff and adequate budgets. S/he is responsible for the direct oversight of programs through the direct supervision of the Program Directors in New York City. S/he assures compliance with program quality, budgets, contracts, regulations and laws as well as adherence to agency policies, procedures, practices, values and standards.
- Supervises Program Directors and administrative staff and assists them to develop and manage programs that provide quality services.
- Oversees program compliance with Urban Pathways policies and procedures as well as with funding agency/government policies, procedures, laws and regulations.
- Reviews and monitors program budgets and budget modifications.
- Participates in the development of budgets for new or expanded programs and facilities for approval.
- Develops creative approaches to assist programs to meet standards, improve or expand programs or facilities, and/or achieve cost savings.
- Works closely with management team in the planning, start-up and implementation of new residential programs.
- Participates in the development of responses to RFPs.
- Monitors, evaluates, and reports on program outcomes, focusing on quality improvement.
- Develops collaborative professional relationships with other agency staff, community-based providers and regulatory/funding sources and represents the agency at community meetings.
- Develops, implements and monitors program related agency staff training and orientation programs.
- Master's Degree in social work, public administration, public health or related field required. LMSW preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience in administrative or supervisory positions in a human services agency, with at least five (5) years in administration or supervisory position with oversight of an agency facility and at least five (5) years experience in agency serving the homeless. Experience with mentally ill and substance abusing clients preferred.
- Knowledge of Supportive and Affordable Housing, with particular focus on Special Needs populations (Homeless, Mentally Ill, Substance Abuse).
- Knowledge of City, State, and Federal agencies, particularly DHS, DOHMH, OTDA, HPD, and HUD guidelines and regulations.
- Tax Credit Certification preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of computers and data systems.
- Clear commitment to Urban Pathways values and to quality services and facilities.
*Includes strong benefit packages for eligible employees*
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
TO APPLY: Please check out our Career Opportunities at